Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Good Brake Pads?

Old 02-10-2006, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Feb 10 2006, 07:25 PM)
Redz, green stuff are pretty good pads but they dust like crazy. I have a buddy with a maxima that has to clean his wheels every other day because of those pads.

i heard the same thing which is why i bought hawks

lower dust rate and awesome performance! plus there cheaper than greenstuff pads
Old 02-10-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

PBR/axxis metal master pads are good all around pads and low priced
PBR/axxis ceramic master pads perfomr a bit better then the metal master version,make a bit more dust,wear a bit quicker and cost almost the same price that's what i have on my car right now

hawk hps GREAT street pads, that's what i send with the 11 and 12" brakes kits doesn't required lot of heating up, fading is good
hawk hp+ require some heating up, dust more then the hps
Old 02-11-2006, 08:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (OdessitPashka @ Feb 10 2006, 12:25 PM)
Redz, green stuff are pretty good pads but they dust like crazy. I have a buddy with a maxima that has to clean his wheels every other day because of those pads.

Zman has them on his elantra and Tib, maybe we can get him to chime in here? I'm not worried about brake dust, it washes off. Thanks though.

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Feb 10 2006, 05:57 PM)
i heard the same thing which is why i bought hawks

lower dust rate and awesome performance! plus there cheaper than greenstuff pads

Are they rated higher performance wise than the Greenstuff? You said 60 a set, you mean per front and back? When I bought the ones for ZMAN, they were $40 for the rears and like $45 for the fronts.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:51 PM

I almost missed this thread!
And I think this is the first time I get quoted/referred, I feel important!
joke.gif

I have Greenstuff's front AND rear, they stop really well, the brake feeling is as improved as the brake distance itself (and that's really important because it translates into you driving more to the limit because you trust your brakes).
I don't think they generate too much dust, not even the same as OEM, in my view, they generate much less than OEM pads. Even when I have gone to some "active driving" with folks brake dust has been a little less than OEM pads, PLUS it's a different kind of dust, you can easily wipe it off with just a damp cloth (much easier than regular brake dust), it is not sticky nor does it stain. They have more "beef" than OEMs and last the same or longer, depending on how you drive...

In the price dpt; the rears are $59 and the fronts are $83; but maybe REDZ you remeber a lower price because I did post an alert on a TireRack clearence (they stopped dealing with EBC and had a good clearence); I got 2 sets of front Greens for $53 each. Oh, and Rotors are only $125+s&h for a pair, front or rear, that seems to be a good price...

But, I have just seen minutes ago the perfectbrakes.com website and found that EBC now makes, sport grooved rotors, Redstuff and Yellowstuff pads for OUR CARS, FRONT AND REAR!!! That is good news, it means we have more choices now, good choices.

I have experienced the HAWKs (but we are talking about the HP Plus here right? Not just any Hawks) in a friend's VW Golf, and THEY ARE GOOD, REALLY GOOD, but they squeele hard when cold, and it can be annoying.

I am fan of EBC, but have no experience with the Redstuff nor Yellowstuff (which are priced similar to the Greenstuff).
Old 02-13-2006, 07:28 PM

Redz is right about the price. I believe I paid $120 for front and back for Hawks.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:48 AM

Just to be 100% sure, it is the HAWK HP Plus right?
(Because there are also the HAWK HP - only, with no "Plus")
Old 02-14-2006, 09:16 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Zman @ Feb 13 2006, 03:51 PM)
In the price dpt; the rears are $59 and the fronts are $83; but maybe REDZ you remeber a lower price because I did post an alert on a TireRack clearence (they stopped dealing with EBC and had a good clearence); I got 2 sets of front Greens for $53 each. Oh, and Rotors are only $125+s&h for a pair, front or rear, that seems to be a good price...

Okay, rears of EBC Greenstuff $49

Fronts are $83.

EBC Redstuff Ceramic's are $89 for the front.

Rears are $59.

EBC Yellowstuff Full Race are $69 for the rear.

$99 for the front.

Rotors are as you said, $125 per side, front or back.

I had posted about the rotors some time ago, I might get these for my wife's tib, at least the backs. Maybe for mine too if I do a full BBK for the front.

Free shipping over $150.

I dunno, I might try the redstuff's or Yellows.