Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Car Problem! Steering Wheel Shakes And Pulls Hard

Old 12-06-2008, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok heres the deal I have 3 month old rims and tires, just got them balanced and aligned a week ago they were supposed to check everything before doing the alinment. within a week its pulling hard right but some times it pulls left (Really Weird). The sterring wheel still shakes. I also got KYB-GR2 shocks put on like six minths ago. Air pressure is fine. Brakes are completly new and working fine(none of them locked or draging). I change all 4 wheel bearings and outer tie rods 9 month ago. Ive done all of this stuff cause i want my car to be smooth to drive and drive straght. The shaking isnt real bad but i notice everything and its annoying. Any ideas?

Old 12-06-2008, 05:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Idea: useful thread titles, i.e. "car help, car pulling and steering wheel shakes"

not trying to be a dick, but it might get knowledgeable people to more readily read and respond to your problem.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:54 PM

thanks
Old 12-06-2008, 06:10 PM

That's actually quite funny to hear because I have to drive with my steering wheel already turned half inch to the right in order to have the car drive straight...

I will have to get an alignment done on it... I am thinking they could have messed up on the alignment (although you said it pulls both ways) hmmm still thinking alignment... steering wheel shaking could be a few things...
Something that a lot of Tib's have it a shaky steering wheel... I don't mind because mine only shakes a little and when I am not holding it...

If you get the steering wheel to stop all together then congrats... I like to do most of the stuff myself unless I am pressed for time...
Like last week, alternator 'n' fan belts were on the fritz so I handed it over to my mechanic and he changed them... $120.00 later...

Could have saved money but car was screaming like a banshee.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Just something that happened to me.

When I would drive, the car would randomly change the direction it was steering. Like I would be going around a turn and the car would decide it wanted to go the opposite way. This was very scary at 70mph on the highway o_O

My problem was a loose bolt on the control arm. It gave the arm play which even a little difference in that area would change the way the car drives drastically, and to have it happen while moving......

Once I tightened it everything was fine.

It was the bolt in this square; Which as you can see would have caused the entire control arm to come out.....

It's a little hard to see from the picture but that bolt in the square is the same bolt that is at the top out the left of the front cross member
Old 12-06-2008, 06:50 PM

Juice) that sucks that the steering wheel shakes a little on our tibs.

Dude) That is exactly what mine does it wants to randomly change direction ill check that thanks.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the steering wheel shaking to a minimum or none at all let me know
Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

have you checked out your tie rods yet? when they go they tend to d the same thing
Old 12-06-2008, 08:18 PM

How do you check the inner tie rods
Old 12-09-2008, 10:59 PM

I have had the same problem since the day I bought my car. That's why in Feb/08 I decided to change most steering components. From my experience:

- I changed both lower control arms to 2 brand-new arms (with new ball joints as well)
- changed both inner tie rods (new)
- changed both outer tie rods (new)
- changed both sway bar links (new)
- changed driver-side knuckle (used), bearings (new)

Since then .... NO CHANGE! Same problem.

I already purchased both KYB struts from depietro, here on the site. They arrived last week and I will be changing them in January (still finishing up the interior). I can't think of anything else I would need to change besides the front struts... So, I'm closely following this thread, as I have the same problem as you.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:51 PM

Not to be a downer fury but i think were screwed i just put on 4 kyb gr2 gas shocks and 4 new mounts that wont change it