Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Bushing Tools

Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 00 Tiburon
Default Bushing Tools

I was wondering if there are any special tools to use to remove and install bushings on our cars.

I was interested if there was a tool like the Trailing Arm bushing extractor tool but for the control arms instead.

I've looked into a 20 ton press but I was just wondering if there was any other tool for this job.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: Toyota Tundra

Originally Posted by joker97
I was wondering if there are any special tools to use to remove and install bushings on our cars.

I was interested if there was a tool like the Trailing Arm bushing extractor tool but for the control arms instead.

I've looked into a 20 ton press but I was just wondering if there was any other tool for this job.

I'm not exactly sure but I believe there is a tool like that for control arm kit. Just to be sure and to give you more advice, I advice you consult a mechanic. hope that helps somehow. good luck.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Accent

heres what I used one front control arms for a different car http://car-thebest.com/_cache/Brake%...%20press_0.jpg

It's a Astro Pneumatic brand.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

^^ that kits works wonders

If i dont feel like going to get it, the ole' torch will do the trick