Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Best For Traction

Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok....

most likely im guessing you have kumho ecsta 712 or w/e.. the standard tire pretty much.. they don't grip very well compared to like a BFG KDW 2. so there could be a BIG part of your problem..

the NEX coilovers aren't going to help you a ton compared to real adjustable coilovers.. the dampening of the NEX is probably equal to the standard strut/spring setup used.. it would be NO WHERE near a ksport coilover kit. if you are wanting suspension that will help you want stiff suspension, and your not going to get what you want with NEX.. they are only adjustable in height.

custom traction bars will be your best bet. even if you could get traction bars (APE) your going to probably wait a year or so to actually receive anything.

so, if your really interested in traction, you would change your tires, cuz im guessing the ones you have are the standard low profile ecsta 712. if you got some BFG KDWs or Azenis you would notice a huge difference, and if you got adjustable coilovers instead of NEX, you would notice a difference.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:57 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Aug 8 2007, 04:42 PM)
Tim is also on slicks at the track. There's no street tire in hell that will hold over 250whp with or without an LSD. I have an LSD, Khumo 215's, and roast tires through 3rd.
Well, I haven't tried the ET streets though. They may be a little better.

I agree with JONGTR 100% on this one.NO matter what street/slick street tire you use they dont grip for beans.Im at 300WHP and 305 Torque and just installed new FAlkin 615 which are suppose to be ONE of teh best street slick Tire and no matter what i spin in 1st,2nd and 3rd gear.It spins So much that i have no traction and the wheels spin in ONE spot without grip.SUCK ASS.....
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM

ok so I decided Im goig to get better tires soon,what are the stickiest and best for street?And where can I get them?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

is your car a daily? you can't go with sticky icky icky and get good street life. It's a trade off. The amazing sticky tires do wonders, but will last you a month on the street. and your tib will be in a pole the next time it rains.

Do you have a track to dial in your coilovers?

Do that first and then see what problems are still there traction wise. Modify accordingly.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I LOVE my toyo proxes 4s. Sticky. I used to have to really feather my tib on takeoff to avoid burning out. Now I can push it a lot harder before it chirps