Braking, Wheels, Tires, Suspension Modifications to Brake Rotors, Calipers, Wheels, Tires, Springs, Struts, Coilovers, Swaybars, Strut Tower Braces, etc.

Best Bet

Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well here's the situation:
Currently running kdw2's @ 205/50/17. Profiles to big for 17's, I know, but they're paid for so I gots to deal with it. I've eliminated most of the rubbing except for when the suspension is really getting bounced. So anyway, I'm looking to stiffen up the suspension without dropping ride height at all. I've done the search thing and there appears to be no stiffer aftermarket springs that are stock height. So now I'm looking for dampers, and I want to be able to adjust the ride. Doesn't make sense to get something not adjustable because if I'm not happy with the ride, I'm ass out. I'm thinking of going with the AGX from KYB. I'd like to go with coilovers, but if I want to be able to adjust height and firmness, It's going to cost alot. As some of you know, I'm a cheap bastard. I found a set of the AGX for $500 shipped. Do you guys think this is the way to go or are there other alternatives? $500 is the max I want to spend.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

If you HAVE to stay adjustable, get the Ksport Coilovers mang.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:53 PM

I'd love too, are they on sale for $500? wink1.gif
Old 06-23-2006, 12:48 AM

If you really need that much adjustability coilovers would be the way to go and the most cost affective would be the KSports.

If you have $500 to spend now then you are not far off the price of the coilovers. Could always save a little longer.

I offer a financing program that you can not go wrong and you don't have to go through a long application or a bank. For coilovers if you want to get more for the money then this is the way to go. For more info just PM me.

Now if you do not want to even try to pay over $500 then yes I would say go with the AGX setup. You will at least have some adjustability but by the way you talk you want more adjustability than even what the AGX's can provide.

Mike
Old 06-23-2006, 03:45 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I bought a set of Ksports from Phantom and can tell you that he is an excellent person to do business with. Kept me very well updated, gave me a tracking number, and made sure that I recieved the product, which BTW is unbelievable.

Dude, you should definately get the Ksports, and phantom's price on them cant be beat by a long shot. cool.gif
Old 06-23-2006, 06:17 PM

PM sent Phantom fing02.gif
Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

cool.gif You made a good choice. I loved how easy these were to install, since they come with top mounts (pillow ball mounts with adjustable camber up front), you just pull out the stockers and slide these in their place. Well, I'm sure you read up on them before you purchased them. Anyway, I can tell you right now that these will reduce body roll far more than the eibach swaybars that I have. They do make the ride a bit rough, but you will get used to it.

Good luck with them!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hmm.. yeah i might decide to go for a set of these. is the suspension really that hard? and these are just direct replacements?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:56 PM

Yes, the KSport Coilovers are a direct replacment of your stock shock/strut assemblies.

Very easy to install and really doesn't take long at all. Probably takes longer to set your ride height than to do the install.

Mike