Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

What do you guys think of the Lexus RC-F?

Old 11-10-2014, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 genesis
Default What do you guys think of the Lexus RC-F?

http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF

Every time I turn on the tv, I see commercials for this thing. 467hp is really impressive and it comes in at $62,000. For comparison sake, the 2015 Nissan GTR has around 545hp and prices start at almost $102,000. So is 75 horses worth the extra $40,000? This is specifically if you were in the market for only a 2015. I know the older GTRs can be found for much cheaper. But I think Lexus hit the mark with their RCF. Don't forget the LFA which is 553hp but comes in at a crazy $375,000.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

The Challenger Hellcat has 707 HP for $5k more and is available with a clutch. /end.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:57 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

peak horsepower numbers hurr hurr

This thing is WAY too overstyled. I remember when the bangle butt was controversial, this whole car looks like it's been attacked by a series of origami black belts.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

It looks good imho, and that's a ton of power in a pretty small package. However the 2 ton package is what concerns me the most. No doubt Toyota/Lexus have the ability to put that power to the ground properly. It should be interesting and fun. Plus that's a decent price for a ton of fun! I doubt thought that we're going to see record-breaking lap times. It just looks way too fat with luxury to live up to the hype. The GT3 on the other hand should be VERY interesting! I would love to see white cars out there mixing it up like the Porsche GTs.

The caparison to the Hellcat is fair, but this is a lot more achievable. The Hellcat is a limited production model and the RC-F will be around for a while. But there will be the day when you roll up to the light in your RCF next to one of those monsters and just sink into the chair. Not only is his faster, it's actually held it's value. Like the GTR, in just a small number of years there will be everywhere for (relatively) cheap.

Still a lot of car for a fair price.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by turbotsukuba
So is 75 horses worth the extra $40,000?

75hp, 75 ft/lbs more torque. 100lbs lighter and an amazing awd suspension setup. massive aftermarket as well. plus a 0-60 time that's almost a full second and a half quicker.

Originally Posted by i8acobra
The Challenger Hellcat has 707 HP for $5k more and is available with a clutch. /end.

also comes in at 4500 lbs and is a f*cking dodge. /pass.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
/pass.

Yep, that's well the Hellcat does.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Unless they fixed the total POS suspension setup in the regular Challenger no thanks on the Hellcat.

The Challenger was the least composed vehicle I've ever seen on an autocross course. There was at least 2 inches of forward to rear movement of the rear suspension under power and it looked nearly impossible to switch directions in without catastrophically losing traction.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Talking about how well a Challenger does or doesn't do on an autocross is like discussing the towing capacity of an Accent. Not it's intended purpose. I doubt the RC-F will do very well on an autocross either.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:13 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I just find that amusing since you wanted to compare the towing capacity of a pickup vs. a Ferrari.

If the Challenger sucks at autocross that is something to consider as a consumer. Though it is a big heavy machine so poor autocross result are petty much expected, it is still a valid representation of performance. They did work on the drivetrain, but if the suspension is still sh*t it's not a good sign.

I still maintain though, as a consumer if one is:

a.) buying a new car and care at all about resale or collectability, the Hellcat is the far and away winner.

b.) buying a new car for warranty and peace of mind but want luxury and speed... why are you barking up a Toyota when you should looking Ms or AMGs?

c.) just looking for out and out performance in this price range. buy a used GTR.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:23 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

peace of mind but want luxury and speed... why are you barking up a Toyota when you should looking Ms or AMGs?

>peace of mind

>anything german since the 80s