Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

What? Check It....

Old 05-11-2007, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just drove my womans' 02 Civic Ex 180 miles. We had a blast tonight. It wasn't the dancing in the club, or the music, or the totally off the wall people that we met that made my night. It was the Honda 5-speed tranny. Being the Honda hater that I am, I hate to admit it, that car is sooooo f-ing smooth. If I was driving her 1.7 and she was in my 2.0, I would stomp my tib because of her sweet shifting Honda.... Dammit, why can't my Hyundai shift like that??? I wouldn't care if my tib stayed as is, if I could get it to shift like that, I would be a very happy shark owner.... Is there a way???
Old 05-11-2007, 08:24 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

better quality shifter parts = better shifter feel. you pay honda price and you get honda smoothness, you pay hyundai price and you get....well u get shitty shift feelings.

i guess u can upgrade with shifter bushing and a nice STS. i hear that if u switch to the whitebase shifter with a STS its just an awsome feel.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:34 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

Why did you post this in Car Shows and Meets/Other Meets? I think it should be in Other Vehicles.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah.

LOL

You can make yours shift smoother than you can imagine, just takes some time, effort, and a bit of money. Mine shifts like a dream.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: car

+1

I bought an Arc shifter and its like a whole new tranny. gear changing is wrist movements. If you want more results change your gear oil to redline synthetic, and get new shift bushing. Your shifting will give you orgasms cool.gif
Old 05-12-2007, 07:14 PM

I have installed the ARC short throw and its like a whole new tranny, smoother than the Supra, I have teh bushings too, I just need to install them
Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i drive my friends 96' accord 5speed all the time. it shifts like a dream and the gears are much much much longer than ours. i just recently got my auto swapped out to a 5 speed and i have to say mine is now really much nicer in terms of feel. the pedals are so close and tight all it takes is a centimeter difference for the clutch to fully open up and switch gears unlike the honda where you had to press your clutch all the way down in between gears. i love close gearing much better because it's more useful so top end revs high.

i'd have to say of all the manual cars i've driven, hyundai has the best feel because it's just right and pedals so close footwork is feathers.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

damn, I am naive.

I decided to buy my tiburon while shifting from 2nd to 3rd on the test drive. It's like I pressed in the clutch and the car did the rest, I was like, "WOAH, ..I'm in 3rd.."

Yea.. good times.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:33 PM

Honda does have a pretty slick shifter.. but no cable operated shifter can compare to the feel of a front engine/ rear drive car's direct into the box shifter.

They can get close, but there is something really nice about a solid linkage like on my fiat or my Bimmer
Old 05-13-2007, 01:01 AM

Word! Thanks for the input. Sounds like the arc is worth it....