Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

They're Here! (genesis Coupe)

Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Test drove a 2.0T and a 6 today. Told the salesman to call me as soon as he gets a 2.0T Track in any color except black or red.

QUOTE (Bommello @ Mar 31 2009, 04:28 PM)
So I don't know if this has been posted or if anyone has been following it but this is pretty cool. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/automotosport...ding-begin.html

Here's a better thread on a Hyundai board:

http://genesisowners.com/hyundai-genesis-f...read.php?t=2154
Old 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Mar 24 2009, 04:07 PM)
Saw a silver one today. Looks great. Could use a grill-less bumper tho. Its huge!! Rd look like a toy next to it.

Going out to my awesome Manassas dealer Virginia to drive a red V6 in two weeks.

QUOTE (DTN @ Mar 25 2009, 07:02 AM)
Huge!

so maybe I exagerated a bit in my chop

I test drove the silver G Coupe in the pictures above today. I must say that the clutch it a bit grabby and it could use an engine damper and a longer release arm on the clutch. It just drives too hard.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ and the fact its not even a gen coupe in your chop.. haha.gif haha.gif
Old 04-30-2009, 05:50 PM
DTN

hahahahahahaha. I thought the bumper looked different.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

if you compare back to back from the rear view, you see that tiburon could use some of that extra width as the curves sort of hide the fact that it's an econobox. haha.

DTN i was expecting a full write up from you. guess you're not in the mood. is it really that much better than our tiburon? i don't think so, besides a bit more comfortable ride quality and handling capabilities.

i was checking out the materials of the coupe. they are identical to my RD. my hatch is a hassle compared to my sister's Accord with a trunk. I guess the hatch isn't as big as problem as i thought unless you're shipping out huge boxes. still, try piling luggage in there if you're driving someone up to the airport. it also makes sense that hatches are less american as usual so it just didn't make sense.

i still don't see the reason for hauling so much weight on a sports coupe. i would surely go with the Turbo and wait for some carbon fiber hood and hatch on a spoilerless track edition.

to be honest, when everyone says it looks better in person. i don't think so. it looked the same in person as it does in pictures.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:31 PM
DTN

I've tailored my tib for the perfect ride. The clutch is exactly the way I want it. It engages smootly or hard if I drop it fast, but I don't have to pay attention to it. The ride is a bit firm. It handles well. There is no engine vibration in my car at ALL. The exhaust sounds the way I want it, the intake is awesome. The tires have great grip. My shifter has been modified to the point where I don't have to move my elbow off the arm rest.

The Genesis coupe has great brakes. It's got alot of power. It handles well. It's got great traction. In 5th gear, it feels like my car in 3rd, only 60MPH faster on the speedo. The clutch is too flippin' touchy. The gear shifter vibrates with the engine and I could see that being a problem in the future. It's a good platform, but I would have to put alot of work into it before it becomes mine. I wasn't impressed with the V6 I drove. I want an i4 with a bigger turbo on it.