Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Should I get a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP?

Old 02-16-2005, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (TibMinn)
you know kit, all these people here make good points. what i think it really comes down to is what YOU want. I mean really, look at both options, do a little pro and con finding and weigh the results. youd probably love both, but it comes down to which one will you be happier with?

thats why im asking for more of your guys opinions, i wanna see more of what you guys put before i make my final descicion, its a few thousand dollar descision you know
Old 02-16-2005, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Where do you get Supras are 60k? You can buy a body for a five thousand in perfect shape and buy a brand new TT engine for 10k.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:33 PM

hey, no supra stuff in here, i know im not usualy serius in threads but i wanna keep this one straight guys, i gotta go to bed soon i gotta be up early at 5am tomarow, ill make sure to ansewr to this thread tomarow morning around 7am, sooo keep an eye out for that, hopefully you guys can think up some more good arguments over night, toodles gals and girls and few boys and nazis and commies etc, sleep tight guys, think something up and ill tell you what i think above all that.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:36 PM

Im saying what they retailed for..
And if you can find a complete rolling chassis in near prefect condition for 5k, Ill kiss your ass..
Old 02-16-2005, 10:56 PM

QUOTE (AEMTIB01)
KIT DONT BUY THE PONTIAC my gf has a 99 grand AM SE and it is horrible, runs like shit and breaks down all the time..i wouldnt buy one of them if my life depended on it..

the Grand Am was a different Case.. Friend of mine just traded his in and it was in beautiful shape.. he got 500 for it. That particular car is listed as one of the top ten cars NOT to buy used.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Seen a few early 90 Supra sell for ~ 11k with high mileage, you could probably won't find a body for 5, probably closer to 8 or 9.

Back on topic... most import vs. domestic engines are very similar in technologically. I wouldn't give one the advantage over the other. Each has its flaws, especially the trannies of imports. Some domestics have horrible engines (grand AM for example) and some have great engines(LS1... nuff said). Its all personal preference.

Still, if you want a Pontiac, you have to go with a Fire Chicken. There is nothing greater than taking an LS1, slapping an exhaust on in five mins, and gaining 25rwhpish.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:20 PM

I'm pretty sure he already has a nice RWD V8 monster...he's looking for more of a nice daily driver...the GTP would fill that spot great laugh.gif:
Old 02-16-2005, 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Kit-Fox)
Basicaly the title speaks for my question, i have the ability of getting a used 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP fully loaded, its got only a few thousand miles. Navigation system, MP3, Supercharged, everything. I know its abig cow even bigger then the GK's but performance wise and luxury wise i think its better. Style wise and exotic wise, well, its uncomparable to the Tib, the Tib blows most cars away. I looked up forums for the Grind Prix's and they arnt as friendly as RD, but then again im not realy welcome here always sooo i highly doubt any other forums gonna want me so thats not as important. It only chugs 2MPG more so its not that bad. The price is between 10,000 and 14,000. Id have to sell the Tib first though, thats a big problem of mine, id put the price up as 7,000 but id sell it at like 6,300 at the least. Man the Grand Prix would be sweet. Whats your guys take on this?

YES!YES!YES!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:41 PM

QUOTE (pnkrckr)
First of all that's a Grand AM...second it's a base model grand am. AND that car has a different engine...i believe the 3.1 or 3.4. probably 3.1 since it's an SE. The 3.8 is bulletproof...

actually it is a 3.4 and its a POS..any pontiac no matter it be an AM a Prix SE GT GTP nething..there all horrible

the fact of hte matter is that all GM 3.1 3.0 3.3 3.4. 3.8 litre motors have HOLLOW camshafts with the lobes PRESSED on...thats why they are junk...
Old 02-16-2005, 11:51 PM

HOLLOW camshafts with the lobes PRESSED on...

Ah ok...Yeah I was looking in the paper today and saw all these reports on GM cars having problems with the lobes falling off...... lmao.gif

BTW, the cam is solid hardened steel, with lobes grounded into shape, hydraulic roller style...same as all the aftermarket cams...

3.0 3.3

Oh did I miss these? when did GM make these?