Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Should I get a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP?

Old 02-16-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

it seems like everyone and their uncle have a friggin pontiac. i would hate to have one, i WOULD drive one just because im only 17 and some wheels are better than none...but..no.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:32 PM

well, my Mom has an older Sunbird.. trying to get her into a Santa Fe at the moment.. she likes those...

Another thought, being a newer car.. the Pontiac you are looking at Kit, is safer than the tib in an accident.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:33 PM

hmmm, good point, I used to have a 95 pontiac Boneville top of the line SSE, it was sooooooooooooooooooooo luxurious and nice, now, lets get a few things straight

the GTP does have a better 0-60 and 1/4 mile time then the tib stock.
It also weighs a whole lot more
maintiance on the supercharger?
the GTP is more luxurious then the QX or w/e that car hyndai makes, the technolagy that car has is way advanced, its much larger though so it does suck. and it dosent look half as nice. im just trowing in random thoughts in right now. The resale would be alot better though.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:38 PM

Would people stop knocking him for mentioning a pontiac? Alot of people on here have only owned their tiburon, so you have no clue what else is out there.. Theres tons of flaws with our cars, but you fail to see them because you love your car..

Grand Prix's are nice... They are semi-luxurious but at the same time sport.. www.clubgp.com They got some nice looking kits for em, lowering kits (just like anything else) and they have coupe models (which look really good IMO)..

Theres more to cars than just hyundai.. I love my tiburon, I want another, but my grand prix is damn nice..
Old 02-16-2005, 07:43 PM

QUOTE (jToIeB)
In my opinion, the only Pontiac worth driving would be something along the lines of the trans am or formula 500...

I agree 100%

DON'T DO IT

I think pontiacs suck and are for the most part ugly. Id say dont waste your money.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:44 PM

tnx dude, ya ur right though, some people never had any other cars, some people had 50 other cars though, semi luxurious though? dude that things loaded like a cadilac, all leather, navigation, HUD, full computer diagnostic of everything, lol, but tnx for the safety mention Mad, the tibs easier to try to get out of a accident cuz its able to move out of the way faster but if it gets hit its screwed, i plan to avoid accidents so Grand PRix owns in that, my mom got hit by a mini-van once in the 95 Bonnevile and flew across 3 lanes of traffic, the passenger door was dented in, and part of the front fender, besides that the car was in great shape, trust me, they are rugged cars, much heaveir though 02.gif, also OdessitPashka just cuz id get rid of my tib wouldent mean i would stop coming here so dont u think ur gonna get rid of me that easily.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i would also say not buy it...

my reasoning may be different than others though.

although domestic manufacturers are trying to make a better vehicle, they are still years behind.... and i personally won't buy another American car unless something dramatic happens.

the import car scene is much more advanced and, simply put, better than the "big 3"

only American product i'm a fan of right now is the newer Caddy's... my God
Old 02-16-2005, 08:02 PM

American cars are behind in times? How so? Do some research.. American cars are much more advanced than imports..

You might think "oh import engines are far ahead".. Think again.. Google.com does wonders for the claim to fame 4 cylinder import engine, or lack there of...

Hyundais, in reality, are garbage.. They are low rent cars with very few options (besides the norm) and have no power.. They do have looks (mostly because they are smaller cars, not so bulky).. I dunno, maybe people should be a little more open minded..

I just purchased my GP, and it wasnt what I was looking for at all.. I NEVER had a THOUGHT of purchasing a GP, let alone a pontiac.. Im glad I did though..
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM

I would not call a Hyundai garbage.. at least not a modern one.. maybe a 20 year old hyundai... but with their reliablity problems in the past.. they are not garbage.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

thats fine. he asked for opinions...

i've had bad vehicles both from GM (olds) and the blue Oval (merc cougar). They're gonna have to win me back...

and from working at an Auto center for 3 years, i've seen my fair share of cars go through the doors.... most common vehicles w/ significant problems were american. then european. then asian.

are they making strides? yea, they are. but as it stands now, i probably wouldn't buy one