Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Seat Ibiza Gti

Old 04-13-2006, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

When I get an internship or a job in Europe in a few years, this is what I'll be hoarding up. It is a Manual 1996-1999 SEAT Ibiza GTi which I will modify maybe Turbo and make look like the F2 Car. SEATs are VW's [owned] made in Spain. Great cars.

This is my other side, my passion across the sea. I love my Hyundai Coupe, and amd a HUGE Formula 2 fan, but we also own a SEAT Cordoba SE in Europe and SEAT had a duo WRC team, the Repsol Cordoba WRC and the Ibiza F2. Because I will be a student, it won't want a fast car, but I'll have yet another love.

Mine will be the same exact color.

The F2 Bumper I will order from online.

F2 Spoiler to be fitted on back.

Cordoba WRC

Old 04-16-2006, 04:14 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

It's seems that the companies working with VW and AUdi makes better looking cars. For Example, Spanish SEAT and Czech Skoda.

That seat looks nice bro! go for it!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:54 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

what specs are of that car?

I like Seat Leon 1.8T, pretty good car, but too pricey here.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:04 AM

During my time in the UK & parts of the EU, SEAT shared the same image/reputation of FIAT...perhaps with an edge towards sport.

This was 8 years ago and alot could have changed.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Sonata Turbo

it look alot like a Suzuki Swift Gt/Gti we use to have over in the 90~94Â* years.... look Really Nice must be a light car .... the swift had a 1.3L dohc 100hp... capable of 8000rpm wink1.gif
Old 04-16-2006, 09:01 AM

that is alot of lights on the 2nd car....
Old 04-16-2006, 10:46 AM

the reason Seat had a similar reputation as Fiat is simple... Seat was a subsidiary of Fiat for a good thirty or so years. In many cases, Fiat would sell Seat "knocked down kits" of their cars to be assembled and sold in Spain. This way fiat could get around the 100% sales tax that Franco had on all non-spanish goods.

I will admit though.. Seat makes some decent looking cars and they have bulletproof Vdub drivetrains.. what more could you want?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Thanks guys, hey I found some more pics from the forum. Apparently you have to ship the F2 Bumper from great britain, if not find a good online store because it's an ancient part and ebay doesn't sell it. Hopefully I can get one soon!!

This one doesn't have the F2 Bumper or wing on it, but it sure it nice!

Specs? 178hp Turbocharged 2.0L i think. Add a bigger turbo, some injectors, cam maybe fuel pump, larger charge piping and intercooler and you'll have John Cooper Works Mini for half the price!

MOMO and Brembo make parts for these cars. The engine is setup like a typical VW engine, IM on the outside. When I buy mine, I'll immediately begin work on it. Lowering it, HID's, Sparco Seats, SeatSport OZ rally rims... the whole works. It'll be a few years though, that is if I decide not to import my Hyundai over to Europe!! If I get a good job, I definitely won't be one of those BMW/Mercades cracks...
Old 06-15-2006, 01:31 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

The cupra is a better car..

Theyre very nice now but up until VW took over they were absolutely CRAP, rust buckets within 4 years they fell apart.

If youre after something very unusual then why not try to get a VW Golf Rallye G60?

Supercharged, banned in the early 90s from rally when they made everyone remove superchargers.

My cousin has one, theyre not cheap (probly around the $12000 mark) but they are frighteningly quick and with some cosmetics look amazing.

This one here is stock, note the flared body? it's all metal.. in the car itself the roof is 4 inches lower to house the 2x4 box section steel beams to strengthen the roof incase you roll it over.

4WD too, so the handling is second to none, and they only ever made them in Left hand drive, so if you imported one over here you would be good to go smile.gif

Old 06-15-2006, 04:51 PM

I am baised towards the italian end of things... hence the Fiat coupe' 20v

Once the fastest production front drive car in the world, it still wows with a 5 cylinder 20 valve turbocharged engine. 6 speed transmission, seating for four (sort of like the tib) brembo brakes, and power and styling that gave it the nickname the "pocket Ferrari"

I do realise that the styling is not everyone's cup of tea, but the body was done my Pininfarina on Chris Bangle's design (yes, THAT chris bangle, the one who "ruined" BMW's style in recent years)