Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Pics Of New 06 Civic Si

Old 09-05-2005, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually.. a supercharged 200hp civic is going to be WAY faster than a S/C accent any day......and the im looks pretty easy to take off....just look at it....once again did the tuning world turn its head on the celica? no i dont think so.....it is not that big a deal to have the engine mounted the way it is..many cars are like this..and all the v6 stuff you are talking about isnt really making any sense to me...

also...SUV's blind people because they are projecting light from a higher point than regular passenger cars...this light is usually at the height of your face in normal cars....it isnt excess light going everywhere..its actually aimed light doing what its suppossed to do.....just because your car sits low and you catch it in the face doesnt mean that its shining excess everywhere..
Old 09-05-2005, 04:32 PM

Old 09-05-2005, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

accents own civics nana.gif they r light and cheap to get parts just turn up the boost and spray away and if the motor blows get a new one fing02.gif

o and they look better too and they arent riced up actually they r very sleeper
Old 09-05-2005, 04:56 PM

im not knocking on hyundai people, i have 2..but you have no point against the new Si other than its ugly ... thats about it ..... and THAT is personal preference..everything else about it it really good...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...eline.promo.2.*

-197-hp, four-cylinder
-6-speed manual transmission
-Limited-slip differential
-8,000-rpm redline
-Summer tire option

Unlike its predecessor, which was a slow and homely-looking hatchback with a meager redline and the agility of an elderly woman, this Si is a quick (Honda says it'll accelerate to 60 mph in 6.7 seconds), fun-to-fling-around coupe

As another mutation of the Honda's K-Series engine family, the new car's engine is an all-aluminum 2.0-liter with double overhead cams, 16 valves and four cylinders. It shares a basic architecture, an 11-to-1 compression ratio and Honda's i-VTEC valve-control system with the 2.0-liter that's been powering the Acura RSX Type-S since 2001, but a balance shaft for additional smoothness and throttle-by-wire are unique to the Si's engine

Honda also designed a special short, single cast-aluminum intake manifold for the Si with an extra-large 70mm intake duct

You can feel i-VTEC doing its thing, first changing the engine's feel and tone at 3,000 rpm and again at 6,000 rpm. Despite the engine's tendency to hold onto revs when you close the throttle (a slight annoyance tuned into the electronic throttle), there isn't a better normally aspirated four-banger in the world

An even 200 was the planned horsepower rating, but the new SAE ratings system cut that number back to 197 hp at 7,800 rpm. Torque is up to 139 pound-feet at 6,200 rpm. The EPA rates it at 22 mpg city and 31 mpg highway, and it drinks premium.

But here's the best part: A helical limited-slip differential is standard equipment. And on the racetrack, that diff makes all the difference. The Si would handle well without it, but it may be the best handling front-wheel-drive car we've ever tossed around because of it. Carry too much speed into a corner and the Si understeers like any other front driver, but you can easily correct your mistake by burying your foot in the throttle.

Yes, you floor it. The Si's differential transmits more torque to the outside tire which has the most grip. This immediately tightens your line and gets you around the turn faster looking like a hero.

Old 09-05-2005, 05:15 PM

the 11 to 1 comp means if you want to boos u pretty much have to get new pistons, yes the lsd is very good but do u even need it with that much power? also being the best na 4 banger is subjective, you have to have a high zinging to make hp which id rather have tq down low rather than it just being up high
Old 09-05-2005, 05:26 PM

as for tyhe compression ratio..if you want to boost any non-turboed stock car you need to replace the pistons with low comp pistons or use a head spacer gasket.....so that arguement is null and void..unless you want to run REALLY low PSI (3-5 lbs) ..... the LSD isnt necessarily about power .. if you read the article you can see that under steer can be corrected by giving more gas and the lsd will also help with torque steer....as for torque in the low end, once again if you read the article it says

Dyno chart says it all. Bottom-end torque is more than sufficient, but in the grand Honda tradition, the party is at the top of the tach.

so once again your complaints are empty ... it is a good all around little sports coupe for a good price
Old 09-05-2005, 05:32 PM

with the tib u can run stock pistons with lots of psi for a stock car like 11 safely 4 a daily or something, put some really sticky tires on and be a good driver, the more hp the more u need a lsdin the tib i havent needed it really yet with the evo it has been used, id like to see the dyno, i still wouldnt drive a ulgy civic though they have to try to hard to look good like ulgy girls wearing lots of makeup
Old 09-05-2005, 05:35 PM

um NO .. if you are running 11psi stock, you are throwing rods, or blowing a head or something ... the GK has 10.1:1 comp ratio and you dare not go over 5 psi and push it hard or else you are gonna blow a chunk out of your wallet and your engine.......the RD's engines are somewhere in the 10:1 comp ratio area....show me a RD with STOCK internals and no head spacers running a clean 11psi ... and ill show you a blown engine

its pretty sad that this is your strongest arguement against this car :
i still wouldnt drive a ulgy civic though they have to try to hard to look good like ulgy girls wearing lots of makeup

makes you sound like a 4 year making fun of something before he knew what curse words were
Old 09-05-2005, 06:37 PM

dude wtf the thing's ulgy if u like it fine but its ulgy and for the boost there have been peole to run 17psi yea that was tim dude u havent been around long enough to no this stuff, and ive never heard a 4 year old talk like that i was putting it the nicest way i could think of, believe me i am a lot more educated than a 4 year old but i am not gonna curse over such a stupid thing first i think when curse words r used they dull the meaning such as a middle schooler first learning them and thinking its cool or such as the prople within the concetration camps dulling their feelings to death, u want me to go on as in madame bovary with rolduphs constant love affairs so he was thinking nothing of his adultrous behaviors with emma, u get the point hoopefully also this fourm is for mature people and this is in the other cars section not the gripes and complaints or 18+ where the mods dont care about the cursing i try to follow the rules and not go cuss someone out cause they said a civic looked good or u can only run 3-5 psi on a beta read the fourms read the hp fourms then come back and start talking bout the limitations of the beta ull understand after u read more also read max boost 5that will help you also learn about how to turbo charge a car, the thing has no curves stop protecting your poor little civic dream car o and that was personification comparing a car to a girl if u didnt know and eng isnt even close to my stong subject i no madame bovary was written in french originally i just havent gotten around to reading the french undisturbed text yet
Old 09-05-2005, 08:57 PM

lol..you are funny and can't type what you are thinking well!! i didnt curse..did i? i state simple facts and you get pissed..i respect your opinion on the car's looks...but that is the only thing you have against it...many people think your and my car are ugly...so what? after that it comes down to tech specs..and quite frankly the 06 Si has good numbers ....

also .. i would like anyone to give me a link to a beta motor running 17 PSI on stock internals.....so someone please link me