Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Pics Of New 06 Civic Si

Old 09-04-2005, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i actually like it a lot ...... honda reliability, HUGE aftermarket, 200hp and a price tag falling around $20,000 ... im all about it..the market will flood with parts for this thing and prices will drop making it a VERY affordable tuner car just like every other civic Si ....... and yes, the intake is in the front......this doesnt make it any harder to turbo or tune or anything else.....celica engines are mounted the same way alony with some vw's i think...prolly a lot more....in STi's the turbo is by the firewall and tuning that car is pretty easy.....im all about this car..im just waiting to see the 4th gen tib
Old 09-04-2005, 04:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

problems: its ulgy (no curves at all), no room in the engine bay, wheels/ tires, everyones gonna have one, its a civic would u acutally want to be driving a civic that thought makes me feel bad inside, u no every other one is gonna have the biggest wing they could find on ebay, andtheres no way its gonna look better than any tib not just the rd the gks too, the fourms r gonna be all ricers, a civic i think is the worst car to own at least with a geo your different
pros: lots of aftermarket, everyone is gonna know how to fix them
Old 09-04-2005, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ and steal them fing02.gif
Old 09-04-2005, 05:17 PM

It's a Civic.

'nough said

lilboy.gif gay.gif boring3.gif puke.gif
Old 09-04-2005, 05:31 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

looks like the rsx
honda running out of ideas?
Old 09-04-2005, 06:50 PM

I'm still not understanding why the hell the IM is in the front?? it's going to be impossible to hook up without a supercharger!

it's brand spankin' new and the rotor has already rusted.

why wouldn't it have projector lamps if it's going to me more "sporty"?? hmmrmrm... you know people are still going to buy these and they're still going to be all over the road.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:55 PM

you guys are tooooooo biased ...... as for the IM in the FRONT..again.lost of cars are like that and its not anyharder to put bolt ons on them and tune...i never heard anyone compain about working on a celica.....there is NO rust on the rotor..i have no clue what you are looking at....if the brownish orange stuff on the inner rim of the rotor is what you are calling rust..i have never seen rust form in a perfect circle with perfect borders...thats just the color of the rotor right there....as for projector headlamps.....that has NOTHING to do with being "sporty" .... the gk has projectors and a LOT of higher end sport cars have projectors and HIDs ... who cares if a lot of them will be riced out..A LOT of rds and gks are riced ....thats even better cause if you have a clean setup, you will stand out from the ricey group....the pro's out weight the cons on this car..it really doesnt look bad..and if it looks a lil like the rsx..so what? the rsx is dead now and honda IS acura....many companies share looks across brands .. take the new VW front ends for example...ripped straight from audi......and guess what? same company...
Old 09-05-2005, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i dont see a civic now and say o that looks great cause it isnt riced its still ulgy, i havent seen a civic that i like its ulgy and it would hard to make it look good at all dont even try for amazing
Old 09-05-2005, 02:15 PM

huh?
Old 09-05-2005, 02:17 PM

^ projectors have the capability to bend light with HID's and regular ones don't. so if you have regular lamps you're going to be shining excess light everywhere blinding people just like those SUV's and Trucks with higher wattage outputs which don't have projectors.

bolt ons are slower, heavier, more expensive and less popular. they are also more expensive to manufacture. so that will definitely not help the communtiy make their cars fast at all. whoever would fork out the cash to hook up their civic with a supercharger would probably end up with enough money to buy a Celica GT, RSX-S, WRX STI, 06 Eclipse, 03 Tiburon V6--all cars fully loaded as compared to nothing but stock Civic. So tell me how this would help sales? Not only that but if you have a V6 with full options and hook it up with minor bolt ons you will probably end up in the same price range as buying a new Civic, throwing an expensive and heavy SuperCharger on with a piggyback computer and paying $1000 extra for labor, you will have the V6 and still be faster AND pay less than having a stock Civic without any options.

my statement regards being able to take manifolds off yourself in 2 steps. 1. twist the hex nut to the right to unscrew. 2. twist the hex nut to the left to tighten. tell me that's not more difficult than: 1. unhooking all of the fuel lines and hoses in order, unscrewing all the bolts. unscrewing and disassembling all of the belts from the IM, unscrewing the throttle body along with the throttle cable... oh my god.

I'm not biast, I'm just stating that this car was meant to be a daily driver, cheaper but stronger longer lasting car for the average joe. With this new engine setup it's going to make tuners turn their backs and have to put their money elsewhere. The new Civic will be a slightly upper model along with the 06 Accent. There is nothing sporty about the Accent. They're both practically the same car for the same crowd however if you turbocharge an 06 Accent you're going to leave fire for tracks. If you turbocharge an 06 Civic... well you're going to have to act like your turning to avoid humiliation. fing02.gif

My point is either Honda wants to end the rice reputation by making their car more difficult to work on and get some professionals driving their cars, or they really don't give a hell about aftermarket. Not only is this entering the realm of unknown for tuners/ricers who have little to no experience, but it will rape them of their money and give them little in return.