Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Now That I Introduced My Girlfriends Car...here's Mine

Old 01-28-2008, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well it all started off when i was 14. my cousins boyfriend was selling his toy, so they can get a house together. so, after some talking with my parents and figuring that i can financially afford a 300/month car payment (yes, at the age of 14) so by the time i was able to get my permit, my car was paid off. now you are probably asking what kind of car it was, well it was a 1993 toyota mr2, white with blue interior. 5spd, modded. ran a 14.37 in the 1/4 mile. so i babie'd this car for just about 3 years before i got my license. well that was very short lived, 1 month, and 4 days after my birthday, i got hit by a conversion van.

here is my cardomain for my mr2: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/497641

well, here's a picture after it was hit.

so then after i decided i was going to part her out, i began my quest for a new car. stopped at a local store, picked up an auto shopper. for some odd reason i never start looking in the front, or the back: but somewhere in the middle. so i opened it up, looked on that page, and found a 1990 nissan 300zx. pearl glow yellow, 5spd, 2+2 with 92k miles, asking price of 4k. so i called the guy, set up a time to come look at it later that night. hopped on the computer to get some info, found out with the options the Z had, they only produced 24 of them. (1990, yellow, Grey interior, 5spd, 2+2, power seats, auto climate control) or 124 pearl yellow 90 2+2's

well, this is what the car looked like shortly after i've bought it:

after replacing my broke stock bumper with this Stillen bumper:

system: 2 12" subs, 2600 watt amp, 4 polk audio component, and 2 powerakustic tweeters

more pictures:

how she sits right this minute:

mod list:
ntake
stillen ECU
stillen headers
greg dupree high flow cats
stillen ZR (look alike) exhaust
findanza short shifter
RPS clutch
JWT flywheel
z1 subframe spacer collars
intrax lowering springs
front & rear strut bars
TT struts
adjustable tension rods
adjustable rear upper arms
ASP underdrive pulley
3" dual core radiator w/ custom mounting
Z1 lower rad pipe
JDM headlight lenses with chrome (painted) inserts
JDM fenders
TB mod
egr delete
smoked corners
more mods to come...

***that doesn't factor in all the new hoses and maintenance I've put into her. (roughly 1k of oem parts)

well, this was quite rushed, i'm going to dinner now. i'll update tonight
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

My brother has a nice white MR2 hes doing a widebody on now. He rebuilt the stock 5sfe and now he is going to turbo it shortly. Fun little car no matter what power it has.

Ive always liked the 300s. Not with the stock body though. I like it with a nice kit and a good color. I like the look you got going for yours right now.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 PM

Ahh, I love Nissan 300zx's. Nice car smile.gif
Old 01-28-2008, 08:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Nice, you should look into the turbo conversion. Also, I've got a turbo Z31 that I'm in the middle of building.

Here: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20051
Old 01-28-2008, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

looks good man. i drove a 2+2 a few times. thing grips the road really good but forget driving on wet conditions. still a fun car to drive around. good luck with the progress!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Jan 28 2008, 10:59 PM)
Nice, you should look into the turbo conversion. Also, I've got a turbo Z31 that I'm in the middle of building.

Here: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20051

this one is staying ALL MOTOR. i've got about 5k in mods invested, 1k in maintenance, and 4k for the price of the car. the average twin turbo swap cost about 4-5k. not worth it at this time for me. i'm going to buy a 93 convertible, black on black, and do a twin turbo swap in that. and she will be my garage queen.

no worry about driving my Z in the rain, she sits under a cover all year round, unless i'm taking her out. since january of 07, i've driven her about 4k miles, only 25 of them are from 08. smile.gif

currently she has just under 109k miles.

i came into this car not knowing much about cars, but i learned alot. with some assistance from my friend, i tackled my 120k maintenance, which includes timing belt, cam seals, water pump, VTC springs, and other little parts. when i was reading that labor was nearly 1k for this stuff to be installed, i said F THAT! i'll save myself 1k. so what i did was i spent 1k on mods, and installed everything myself.

after buying my greg dupree high flow cats (485$) and my RPS clutch, and JWT flywheel (750 total), a stainless steel braided cluth line, new slave cyl, and new master cyl i got under the car and installed them. pulling my trans was so much fun. i did it after work when ever i had any time, weather it was 15 minutes, or 2 hours. after about 2-3 weeks she was back on the road. while she was up on stands i took the headlights apart, painted the inside bezel chrome, installed JDM lenses (they have no nipples)

(will add more soon)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Nice car, a friend of mine has a J30 which I hate working on. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

those are nice cars to have cause you don't see them around a lot, the MR-2 was nice too! my buddy had one that was running low 14's and i knew a guy that had a 11 sec one.