Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

New Rice car..

Old 08-07-2002, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Just cuz I wanna get a post in here while I can... I think the new Corrola's look A LOT better than the last 3 generations, but still cant complare with my Elantra, the taillights are too ugly... so thats my post whoring for the night...
Old 08-08-2002, 05:42 AM

Ru-E:
AccentGSi2001:
Isn't it because of the Emission Laws??? I have no idea what I'm talking about.
I know that's why Canada doesn't get the Lotus Elise cause of emissions!
Ahum... The Lotus will come to the american continent. And yes it will have the Toyota 190hp VVTL-i powerplant, as the original Lotus engine did not meet the emmision standards.
That is the same engine as in the new Corolla and Celica...
Old 08-08-2002, 01:06 PM

simp:
Actually in the US the Corolla only comes with the 130 HP engine, even the S model...
Old 08-08-2002, 02:24 PM

wow if the carolla s came with the 180 vvtwhateverI motor... that would be mine!
Old 08-09-2002, 07:14 AM

SuperGLS:
simp:
Actually in the US the Corolla only comes with the 130 HP engine, even the S model...
Mindboggling... You get the Celica GTS in the US, but not the Corolla with the same engine.
Old 08-09-2002, 01:09 PM

Yeah, its because then the Corolla would be in direct competition with the Celica, which is bad for Toyota... same reason (in my opinion) that the Elantra doesnt have the 2.7L V6 because it would compete with the Sonata, and why the Accent doesnt have the beta engine, as it would be in competition with the Elantra and Tiburon, which is no good for Hyundai... Who would buy a tib if the Accent had the same engine but weighs so much less?
Old 08-27-2002, 11:53 AM

AUTOBOT:
Because we never get the good sh!t

The North America was the only place in the world to get the damn s13 and s14 with the ka24. Everyplace else got the SR20DET
Dude, you can get an SR20 in the USA from some importers and do an engine swap. You have no idea how fast an SR20 can be. I do though!! Haha.

Anyway, for Toyota fans - they are working on developing a new Supra by 2005. If the SUV craze starts to die the death it needs to, perhaps the US market will be ready for it. I know the Japanese market is ready for it and since I have a license to drive in Japan, I can go test drive one when they come out!