Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My Wifes 01 Ford Focus

Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Ok so yesterday night coming back from Walmart my wifes car started acting funny, got a CEL and it felt like it wanted to cut off from 20mph and below to idle...I tried using my scantool to scan it but it uses a different protocol...

basically i had to wait until this morning go to Autozone and have them scan it...CEL is P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire dectected...

so my first thing to do is get new wires and plugs (Bosch wires and platinum plugs)...

so i started with cylinder 1 changing them...

and this is what the plug look like...

coated in oil not all alot though but the rest was not weird...

but after everything it still feels like its misfiring...

Im losted cuz i was looking for Crank sensor and Cam Sensor, cuz those are my next to do but they are not like ours they are wiring into the engine harness
Old 03-07-2009, 10:20 AM

If you changed the plugs and wires, only thing left to check on the spark side is the coil pack. Swap that out next.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

well today, i get a call from my wife that she can't drive over 35mph on her way home for work...well i pack up my son and head out to where she is...

well she is right...only way to drive over 35 is to turn off the overdrive on the car...well we go to the "Zone" Autozone and get the code read to make sure it is still the misfire well it was and i went ahead and got the coilpack from there (which was cheaper then rockauto.com, freaking crazy)...

this is why i hate Ford...freaking star bits, star bits...god damn...i stripped two of them getting them out...well needless to say it is "ghetto rig" to the Maf housing till i get a chance and get them drilled out...but its working and no Codes