Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Genesis Coupe Pics? Check. Track Edition? Check. Kia Soul? Check.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I was 20 seconds away from test driving the 3.8L track edition Coupe.

Then the dealer said I couldn't if I wasn't prequalified.

f*** that.

I got plenty of pics, and a good clip of the exhaust. Ferrari anyone?

Now, the Soul.

Talk about a good feeling. The Soul drove off the truck at 8:30 last night. I got a call at 8:31 asking if I wanted to take it for a test drive today and review the vehicle. I showed up, they looked at my licence, and we went for a drive.

I'm about 99% sure I'm buying one now.

The base model, 1.6L, but with 5 of us in the vehicle we still got up and wne pretty well, not to mention the looks we got in there. Lots of happy looks.

I'm going to do a full review on that sucker, as I'm awfully impressed. I can't wait to hit up a 2.0L Soul Sport.

Anyways, here's the pics.

Check out www.kiasoul.com for more.

Now, a couple of points on the Coupe.

First, do you see that slot that the key fob sits in?

Well, first, you can put the key fob in there and it lets you do everything you want with the radio, lights, and more. Oh, and it RECHARGES THE BATTERY IN YOUR KEY FOB while it's in there. You do NOT have to have the fob in there to start the car though.

And yes, that button close up, it's a Traction Controll System OFF button.

May the games begin.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Bump per request.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

wow, $6,000 of dealer markup!! no thanks!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 PM

I didn't drive the coupe.

Didn't I say that? LOL They wouldn't let me unless I was preapproved, and I'm not having my credit run just to drive the car, especially when I'm in the middle of buying a house.

As for the Soul (I'm going to rebadge it as a Seoul), I really don't know why they did that. I asked, and someone said something about cars being made with a different color glovebox because the black ones are hard to find stuff in.

I dunno.

I wanted to get some videos of me driving the Soul, as it really was quite fun to drive, but alas, we were more interested in the views and looks we were getting than popping the camera back out again. LOL

I've had the same issue at dealers, once they know you know more about the cars then they do, they usually leave me alone.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 PM

here's couple pics of gc that i test drove , they didn't even asked my ssn to run my credit to test drive it laugh.gif
3.8 GT Auto (paddle shifting sucks)
and i backed it up on that place where it's parked on a pics , i'm in love sad.gif

^^^ you can see a piece of my shark spoiler here laugh.gif
Old 03-14-2009, 10:07 PM

UPDATE!!

I got called again by the local Kia dealer near me tellign me they got in a bunch more Souls.

I went by, and without a second glance, I got to test drive the Soul Sport model and get pics of everything I wanted.

You guys should see the 3 new colors coming out this fall/next spring. Ghost White, Ignition Orange, and Denim Blue.

Here's da pics!

Sorry, that was a Honda.

Here.

The upgraded stereo comes with the lighted rings on the front speakers. You can see there are multiple settings for these, and it's actually pretty damned nice. You get a brightness up and down control, On, Off, Mood, and Stereo. From what I could tell, ON was just ON, OFF is just OFF (LOL), Mood slowly flashes them at idle and speeds up with the RPM's, and Speaker flashes them with the beat of the music.

It was actually very nice.

The bluetooth, now that I was impressed with. Built in microphone right next to the sun visor, and the stereo shows you the caller ID of who is calling.

Very cool. The upgraded stereo also has a large speaker in the CENTER of the dash above the stereo, and a nice sounding sub in the rear.

My only complaint at ALL so far is that the colors I want the most are not available in the Sport model, and that the interiors are all specific to the different model, Soul, Soul + (SOUL labeled seats, black interior), Soul ! (White/Black/Sand), and Soul Sport (Red).

Then we went for a test drive, and I tell you what, that thing can MOVE! The 2.0 is great in it, but of course, the Automatic SUCKS. I can't wait to try this thing with a 5 speed.