Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My New Daily Driver

Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Most of you guys know about my car getting smashed into on April Fools day from the thread I made. Well I haven't gotten any insurance updates or anything but I really didn't have time to wait for the Tib to be fixed, although I still plan to fix it. Since I needed a new daily driver and the Genesis Sedan is not available yet I got something I could get financing for on my own poor credit that is four door and not too typical. So this is what I got, I hope some of you guys like it...it's a Mazda 6i with a 2.3L engine with variable timing and a 5 speed manual transmission.

These are not actual pics of mine, I have no spoiler and a little darker gray on my car with no tint and no fogs. These pics are from KBB.com

It doesn't ride anything like our cars but has some really nice features that make it ride the road smoothly. One of the great features I really like about the car is all four interloc disc brakes have ABS so lockups don't happen. One of the things I miss most is how aggressive the Tiburon feels compared to this car. It accelerates so smoothly you barely notice it. It also has a stock short shifter, 160 hp, TCS and some others.

I'm not sure if I will mod this car or not. I'm thinking a couple light mods and trade it in for the Genesis Sedan in 2010 so keeping it close to stock may be wise. Plus there isn't too much for these cars. If I ever do get insurance money for the Tiburon I plan to use it towards supercharging the Tib with the NGM kit!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Looks pretty good, and as long as you're not ditching the Tib, enjoy!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:31 AM

Nice, I like it, always liked those cars.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:58 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

glad you feel this way, and you got help right away smile.gif
Old 04-07-2008, 04:17 PM

Cool choice for DD. I think the newer mazda 6's in blue are good looking.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:02 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

Mazda is shit.

Said it.

Say it again. knock a Pony for rusting, but i've seen late model Mazdas (My dad's company car inclusive) FAIL at rust prevention.

2 years after driving it (my dad is 64), the catalytic separated itself from the rest of the exhaust, EGR failed twice, rust can be seen forming on the bottom of the door (inside originally, now going through the door panel), electrical issues, avg 10L/100KM (My 1987 oil burning stellar gets 11/100... 400 cc's and 400 pounds more), unacceptable automatic shift points...

Don't even get me started on my buddy's "new" Mazda 3... what a complete PEICE OF SHIT: 2 engines later and it's still leaving him stranded. lmao.gif

I hope you're leasing that ford.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 AM

I've heard a lot of good things about Mazda before and I like the way it rides but the engine problems I'm finding out about including your friends discourage my choice. What really is discouraging is I bought this vehicle 3-4 weeks ago and I already have serious issues.

This monday I got to work and I had noticed on the way a little crackling noise. Sounded kinda like popcorn on a stove. I didn't give it too much attention thinking I could look at things at lunch. Well at lunch time I went out to my car and two or three quarts of oil were on the ground. I towed it back to the dealership that afternoon and got them to fix it the next day. Tuesday evening I picked it up expecting it to be fixed. I drove the car home and oil was leaking again. I drove the car back and started hearing worse noises on the way to the dealership. So now I'm stuck with a Ford 500 for a loaner which is POS imitation luxury vehicle I guess.

I don't even know whats going on with the Mazda but I'm glad my warranty covers me until 5/2010. By then I'll be trading whats left of it for a Genesis. I am wondering about Arbitration, I don't know much about it so I need to research it and see what I signed and what I can do.

I always hated Ford but I thought a little Mazda inspiration could change the whole "Driver Return On Foot" Ford owning experience. At least my Tib is coming back together and may actually be road ready again soon.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:25 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

I'm not a fan of mazda either. Sorry about your luck. For the most part they are good cars, looks like you got unlucky.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:51 PM

My Mazda problems are supposedly fixed so I am picking it up soon. I asked for a full print out of all the work that was done. Basically the second time Jiffy Lube changed the oil they did it wrong again. The oil was leaking from the filter slowly. The dealership I bought the vehicle from sent the car to Mazda and had them look at it. They quickly noticed the leak in the filter and figured out what the noise was coming from. Something inside my clutch broke and got shredded to pieces then the pieces got stuck to the clutch plate so it would grind at certain points. Anyways Mazda had fixed the oil filter problem and replaced the tranny! New tranny for free = satisfied customer. Hopefully the problems with this car end here...otherwise I'm gonna start crying arbitration.

Here's some pics anyways

I'm not going to mess with this car really but since these pictures I have taken off the emblems and door guards to give it a cleaner look. It's just a DD for work. The Tib is almost back on the road and I've got a lot of plans for it and some mods in the works. I hate being in the middle of five different tasks but when your not driving the car it becomes a lot more convenient to space out your work.

Ahh f***!! Just got it home and it's still leaking oil or maybe its tranny fluid??? I've never really messed with manual tranny fluid before. Anyways I'm off and back to the dealership...this is very frustrating.

I know many of you are probably thinking...shoulda bought something else, maybe a different hyundai or something. You guys are right. sad.gif

I already can't wait to trade this b**** in. On a brighter note the clutch feels so much better, I didn't know anything was wrong with it but the difference in the feel of the clutch I had and now have is major. The actual shifter was extremely stiff and now its smooth.