Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My New Daily Driver..

Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok so I got a 1992 Mazda Miata, 5 speed. Sold my Accent today and bought the Miata for the same price. Reason I got a new car is because I had a hunch the tranny in the Accent was going to go soon and I was not ready to deal with it nor did I want to. Believe me I really grew attached to it..but I just dont trust automatics anymore, so I had to let her go.

Anywho..got the Mazda from a car guy who meticulosly takes care of his cars. He did all the maintenance on this car real recently too (timing belt, water pump, belts recently changed)..I basically have to do nothing but an oil change down the road. The car is nice and zippy..I love it. Its a perfect Florida car..and the 5 speed shifts smooth, plus, this is my first convertable and its real nice here with the weather. So Im real happy.

(Btw, please I dont want to hear anything about being a traitor etc. because anybody who knows what I dealt with my tib and how much time and money I put into it, knows I deserve a medal or something lol once I finish school Ill buy another hyundai if they have what I like hehe)

Here's some pictures:

Old 05-08-2008, 11:20 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i think mazdas are good cars. the miatas were a piece of history. i gotta warn you though because i care. my sister's best friend used to live in hawaii for 4 years because her dad was stationed in the navy. she loved it and also got a miata just like that one. she was in an accident, some SUV creamed her from the back going about 30-40mph while she was at a light. she said she would never get a car like that again. the thing was automatic scrap.

i hear of so many fatal accidents off 75. not that the accent was any better, but just be careful!!!!!!!!!! i loved the old RX-7's... wish they made them like that again instead of that wienermobile.

accents are like asian dumplings with cardboard as ingredients. wtf POS cars. the new ones piss me off bad. looking at one makes me want to pee on it.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^lmao @ accent comment..made me laugh.

I know HKC..and the Accent wasnt any better. In fact anything against a truck or SUV is a risk (grr for SUVs n trucks, sorry lol). But thank you for the concern smile.gif, I drive as safely as I can (esp on death trap 19 grr) and thank God I make it to wherever I go.

I did a lot of research on the car before I got it..great reviews so why not.

N yeah I dont like the new RXs either..just doesnt look as good as the older ones. A classic is a classic.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:53 AM

i don't think anybody would call you a traitor just because your daily driver is something other than hyundai.

once i pay off my baby, i'm plannin on getting a mazda myself. see i want a larger-than-a-car-vehicle that can transport people and lots of stuff in the back such as going camping, but it's gotta be sexy-lookin in my opinion as well. i'm tired of trying to stuff my friends in the backseat of shorty everytime we all go hang out, or double-dating ya know? and the vehicle i'm lookin at is mazda cx-7 i don't care if nobody likes them because they're not fast and whatnot, i just fell in love with the one i saw coming out of a car wash, and decided that's the one i'm gonna get someday.
--traitor-- lmao.gif lol.gif

we like your mazda, but white is just not it, paint it sexzy black or onyx fing02.gif
Old 05-09-2008, 12:54 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Car handles really well too, being extremely light, RWD, & with the battery in the trunk it has great weight distribution.

Convertable is neat too, & for being a 92 it really doesnt feel like it. The prelude we had felt 5 years older or so but they both were from the same year.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I'm glad to see you got the car situation all resolved Swift, know we can start a Mazda revolution here at RDT, lmao. You gotta love the rear wheel drive in such a light car. I would be driving it sideways too much but thats all good fun.

I know a guy that had the same year he decided he would never sell it even after he stopped driving it. He's still storing the car in his garage to take out when he doesn't feel like driving his BMW M3 or his BMW motorcycle.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

I love mazada's...

especially rx-8...and yes I don't care what u guys say...im getting one...

for one its two door/four door...

but i'm glad everything is working for u swift