Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

My 6er

Old 07-31-2008, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few pics of my car. There isn't much of an aftermarket in the G6 world, so I make do with what I can. Although they seem to respond well to mods. Intake and tune and I took a half second off my ETs. Many people don't know what my car is or underestimate it. I can hang with 08 STis though, so watch out. nana.gif It's a great car though, loaded. Auto, unfortunately that is all they offer. It is a dual clutch 6 speed though with tap shift. Engine is a 3.6 252 horse DOHC with VVT.

On to the pics:

Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM

Sharp car! I always liked these new Pontiacs. Anymajor mods planned for her?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

not bad at all..

the GXP rear spoiler, and front end would really set that car off.

DAMN, that is a long ass intake.. what is it, 6 feet long? just seems like the air would get heated up along that route. with something like the GXP hood, or something custom, you could probably have less than half of the piping, cooler air, and gain a few ponies.

tails look good, is that night shades?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:52 AM

Thanks! And as for mods, I want to get an exhaust next. Then I'm gonna see if I can get a set of custom headers made. Regrind my cams for more duration. And eventually I want to put an STS turbo on it. It all has to be custom, except the exhaust. As for appearance, maybe a small lip spoiler, ground effects kit, 19s, ram air hood. As you can see I already have an intake, tune (well you can't see that), lowered, tinted tails. Lots of little things.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^^ same thing on the intake, you would think that after crossing the entire engine bay the air isnt gonna be very cold anymore, seems kinda wasty looks sweet though!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

o, another thing to add, seems like you are going for kind of a dark look. ever thought about cracking open the headlights and painting the housings the same color as car?

you could even go as far as painting ALL the chrome in the housing color of car, or black, and retro fitting projectors.

i think the dark housings would look pretty sweet.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:07 AM

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jul 31 2008, 12:48 PM)
not bad at all..

the GXP rear spoiler, and front end would really set that car off.

DAMN, that is a long ass intake.. what is it, 6 feet long? just seems like the air would get heated up along that route. with something like the GXP hood, or something custom, you could probably have less than half of the piping, cooler air, and gain a few ponies.

tails look good, is that night shades?

I think the GXP is all right but it just has too much going on for me to want that bumper, the spoiler is nice, but HUGE.
The intake is a long mother, probably is 6 feet being that it dips into the fender all the way to the fog light. It doesn't really get heated up all that much, the air is moving to fast to make a difference really. There is a ram air hood though that looks like the GTOs. And it's functional. Tails were done by a company called Unique Coatings. They have a core program set up with alot of cars, or you can send your lights in. There great because they look black but light up like stock still. If anyone is interested in using him, let me know. I don't know if I can say that though. I know he is on the SRT forums, maybe you heard of him?

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jul 31 2008, 11:57 AM)
o, another thing to add, seems like you are going for kind of a dark look. ever thought about cracking open the headlights and painting the housings the same color as car?

you could even go as far as painting ALL the chrome in the housing color of car, or black, and retro fitting projectors.

i think the dark housings would look pretty sweet.

Actually I am going to be doing exactly that. I'm gonna have the bezels painted to match and black corners put in instead of the amber reflectors.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned

nice.. headlights will look good when they are done.

i think i have heard of that coatings company, but i got GTS tail covers for my srt. i've always liked the cover look better for some reason. and i can take em off if i ever need to.

the biggest thing i dont like about the GXP bumper is all the silver/chrome, and the HUGE holes left and right of the pontiac symbol. otherwise, its not bad.

i think it could be pulled off well, if all the chrome was color matched and the mesh was painted black.