Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Kia's new Stinger concept

Old 01-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Kia's new Stinger concept

http://jalopnik.com/kia-gt4-stinger-...ing-1500122027

Kia GT4 Stinger Concept: The Kia Genesis Coupe 'Coming Now'

"It's not coming soon, it's coming now." That's the official description of the Kia GT4 Stinger concept, which has every appearance of being a Kia version of the Genesis coupe.

It's the Kia GT4 Stinger concept car. As World Car Fans reports, the engine is a 315 horsepower 2.0-liter T-GDI (It stands for Thank God for Direct Injection, FYI) four cylinder. The brakes are two piece cross-drilled Brembos with four-piston calipers. And finally, praise be, there's a six speed manual transmission.

It's basically all you would want of a 2+2 sporty coupe. The styling is clean and modern. The engine is high tech. The power goes to the rear wheels. This is all part of the basic sports coupe formula seen in everything from the Alfa Romeo GTV 1750 to the Vauxhall Prince Henry.

What's interesting is the platform. There's only one way that Kia could develop a 2+2 rear-drive sports car, and that's by reworking the Genesis coupe (here's the next one) by their partner Hyundai. That's what Kia's already done with the Kia K900 and the Hyundai Genesis sedan.

What's also interesting is that Kia appears to have every intention of bringing this car to market very soon. The only question now is when and how much it will cost.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I like the exterior, especially those front wheel arches. The interior is mostly great as well, those porsche-esque door pull straps are great. I hate kia's current steering wheels, they look ugly and new-mini. Also why did they even bother perforating the A pillars, even on a concept car? Do they not like chassis rigidty and crash safety?

Now all it needs is steelies, wind up windows, a big OFF button for the electronic nanny, and a jenny craig plan to shed a few hundred pounds. Then kia can shut up and take my money.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It's less than 2900 pounds.

It's over a foot shorter than the Gen Coupe.

Those are some really good things.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

We all know IF that car ever gets built it will be a stripped down, under powered version of the concept car.

I kinda like it, but it looks like it's missing headlights (yes I know they are there, it just looks funny).
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I love the front profile, but the back and side are missing something. It's like and over smooth 90's concept.