Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Install Help

Old 12-26-2005, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

My wife just got a 2002 Chevy Avalanche and I'm in the process of putting in a DVD player and motorized screen. I've got it all working but there is no sound coming from the speakers. I found out the truck has a built in amp and that's why there was no sound. There are two plugs going to the stock head unit, one with the constant, accessory, ground and speaker wires. The other is a six wire plug for the amp and something else I would imagine. So I located the amp turn on wire and put power to it from the accessory wire. Still no sound. And now I'm stuck.

My questions are: Does anyone have any experience with this or know where I might be able to find out? I've searched through a couple Avalanche forums and I'm gonna look on sounddomain.com now but I just thought I'd ask.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:52 PM

Moving this to other vehicles..
Old 12-27-2005, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

I found out it has to do with the OnStar and integrated amplifier. I have to buy an OnStar Interface which allows the amp to turn on and lets the OnStar operate. Which in turn lets the music play through the speakers since everything is integrated into the OnStar. For anyone that might run into this, the interface I have to get is PAC OS-1 and is about $90. The cheapest I could find it for was on ebay for $80.