Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

I'm Thinking Of Getting This

Old 11-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

The car proper:

Some other pics:

Additional info:

1984 Peugeot 505 S, blue, power options, leather interior. It has 220k on it though, but it is a 5 spd. I will have a look at it over the weekend. I believe it is IIS RWD, this one makes 96 HP (French version makes 130 lol) but because it's so old it doesn't have to do a smog test, so I'll be sure to rip all that shit off and put in a proper exhaust (as this example apparently has holes in it).

If I can get it for $500 certified, I will grab it. Body is 6.5/10, some minor rust here and there. I will have to do a more thorough examination, and also take it for a boot.

What do you guys think? I personally like how it looks...
Old 11-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i dont get the appeal of it. but if its a project that floats your boat and the price is right go for it.

where would you even get the replacement engine and parts at anyhow?? possibly rockauto??
Old 11-26-2009, 11:32 AM

I have thought of that! Apparently the drivelines are indestructible, but if ever I hit something or break a part, it's gonna be harder than hell to find anything for it... Perhaps it will be an excuse to go down to France again and start picking pieces up!

Haha there's exactly ONE engine available for it in Canada! (car-part.com)

I dunno I just really like the lines of it... I think I'm gonna go look at it some more after work.

-----------EDIT

The "Pujo" starts and drives! Well it needed a boost, and some minor coercing, and my memory about interlock start switches was quickly jogged (IE where you have to turn the key all the way to "off" to be able to put it in "start" again - guaranteeing you will never f*** up the starter) but it roared into life (partially because of the holy exhaust) and idled at a pleasant and steady 1100 rpm, which gradually came down to the proper warm idle range of about 800. All the gauegs work, the power locks and windows do too (loudly and slowly, respectfully) and I think remnant gasses of R12 do make their way into the cabin when the AC is turned on! The air is much colder than outside air when you turn on AC to MAX. There are warmed seats, however I do not think they work. There's a workshop manual in the glovebox, and the car comes with spare headlamps, taillamps, stalk switches, a few distributors and some emission pieces in the boot. The driver's door hinge is worn, something I can likely fix by shimming it, and the power steering pump has failed (due to leaks apparently) and has been disconnected, forcing a tricep excersize each time the wheel is turned at low/no speeds (it's a 3,000 pound car - a Hyundai accent weighs about 2100, and my Pony 2350) It has an aire of solidity about it. It doesn't smell funny or run rough. I have only driven it several meters as it has no plates. Frank, the garage owner(whom I suspect is french) will attempt to get me dealer plates so I can go for a cruise. It will require a respray. The floor boards look decent, and I'm going to have it hoisted up and I will inspect ALL the joints/bearings etc before I decide to get this. The exhaust has been patched together, and it looks like the resonator/catalyst has been removed. I don't NEED this car, but it would be really cool to have.

Such an odd car!

Oh and it has four wheel disc brakes! This is the top of the range model! The moonroof also does not work (it's glued shut) but apparently that's a normal thing. It is markedly more complex than the Stellar. I like being in it.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lol, the main thing I'd worry about would be finding parts if you plan to make it a daily. Paint it black, get rid of that 80's side molding, lower it a bit. It'll be pretty cool.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Supercow @ Nov 27 2009, 08:57 PM)
lol, the main thing I'd worry about would be finding parts if you plan to make it a daily. Paint it black, get rid of that 80's side molding, lower it a bit. It'll be pretty cool.

IT will have to wait. I need to come up with $1600 by January (for school/TEFL) and ironically that's how much my roommate owes me for unpaid rent.

If the car is still there in the spring, I will have to get it then. For now, I will have to enjoy my Stellar, which needs a control arm as it's balljoint is loose inside there! Grr!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

A couple here proudly sports their 1954 Traction, and 1986 2CV. From Citroƫn, parts are definitely a biotch..
I can imagine it'd be the same for the Peugeot