Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Ericy's Genesis promo-pack Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I went on Saturday and honestly Hyundai had one of the best displays there. We usually dont get any concepts or anything cool here and Hyundai has never done anything neat. Well I was looking forward to possibly seeing the Genesis but wasnt going to get my hopes up. Well, it was there, in sedan form. They also had "Press Kits" given out along with pens and for the new Elantra Touring they had a neat little booklet with a USB drive in the back with a whole bunch of info on it.

All in all, it was really great. heres some pics of the Hyundai Area along with the press kit I got. It had a HUGE poster in it with specs on the back and a bottle of water. Wierd but very cool. HEres pics. Not sure if you will be able to read what the cards say but was worth a shot. Ill type it out soemtime if I can

Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Niiiice..

How'd she look in person? Pics look bad ass but you cant beat the in person perspective.

Sucks cuz i went to the tampa auto show a month or so before the unveiling of the genesis, i got some insider information before it was released (that all turned out to be accurate) but i would have loved to see it.

im sure the bottle of water wasnt supposed to be an artistic statement as much as a "gift" because they know people get thirsty after drooling over all the cars at autoshows cool.gif
Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 PM

It was something though which was a whole lot more than I expected.

It looked great. Honestly I see amazing things coming to Hyundai real soon here. The thing was a bmw for half the price. Heated and cooled seats. Lexicon stereo. Cant wait to drive one when the dealerships get it here.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:02 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

man do i like the wheel design
Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 PM

This is what is on the water bottle. I looked after Alexs post:

"GENESIS. The name means origin. The beginning. The start of something new. Like water, Genesis is a symbol of life.A symbol of power and presence.Of adaptiveness and beauty. Of balance and refinement. Meet the 369 (estimate) of Hyundais first premium sports sedan. It all starts with this."

Hyundaigenesis.com

So, kind of artistic. VERY well done. I am impressed.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hey guys went to check out local autoshow and they had genesis there so i took a video and they gave me this promo pack check it out.

and behind the fold out poser brochure was this bottle of genesis water

and when i got home i found this little goodie in my childhood room.
this is from my first ever autoshow i went to and has had been hanging in my room all the way till last year when i moved some stuff off the wall and found this burried behind a huge banner

i been holding the tib down seince 96 son!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Whats with the water? That's kinda weird. Are you supposed to drink it?
Old 03-15-2008, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This is just like ericy's thread so im going to merge it, and TC, the water question is answered in the thread.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:54 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the new genesis doesn't look interesting. and the quality looks like any regular hyundai. but it's a step up blah blah.

now that poster from '96 is quite something. i still have a magazine ad from '96 i need to scan. and a few posters of elantra and sonata from '94. those things are rare.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:22 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

yea even though i didnt know i've slept with that poster next to my bed for over 10 years and i end up with a tiburon that i'm crazy about. funny how the world works