Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Dodge Demon Concept

Old 05-07-2007, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

The name is badass. That's as far as it goes. The front end of every dodge is a dime a dozen. I can't even tell the dif if i see a magnum or a charger coming behind me. Chargers don't look intimidating either. Only old rich men drive Vipers and im not a fan. The only car I actually like that Dodge has come out with in the past 10 years is the SRT-4 Neon (Was about to buy one), and the Avenger (Also about to buy one). I didn't buy the avenger because of living life in D, and the SRT-4 just didn't work out for me... Damn I love that car too... The rear of this Demon looks very TT-esq I think.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:15 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Yall do realize that the deawoo car is the exact same as the solstice, and sky right?! There isnt one difference. All the cars were based off the vaxhaul. Us americans cant do anything our selfs. We built muscle cars that have twins in other countries. We hired their designers to make our bodies look like theirs. We stole the design, put a ford/GM/Christler sticker on it and a new name, badabing badaboom look kids a new car that we "designed". Thats all crap. Hell they started with the GTO that was an austrailian car before it was the GTO. We rebadged it, renamed it. Now everyone thinks its badass cause its a gas hog putting out some 500 hp off a 6.7l V8. We need to stop building the motors bigger and start doing more research into design, and 4 cylinder motors. Have 3 stages one for all ages. Get the base, cheap easy low performance. Get the mid range, motor, a little less fuel effecient but you get more power. Stage 3 still 4popper with a hair dryer and only offered with a mt. Im so sick of people going and buying "already fast cars" and thinking their cool and still couldnt drive stick if their lives depended on it.

Honestly if people could tune as well as some of these companies do for turbo charging 4cylinder motors. We would see alot more of them with turbo badges. But the issue is with their cars. In the 80's and 90's 4cylinder ment the car was crap and just a get around cars. If you wanted something good get the v8! So thats the american mindset. People cant believe that my little tiburon is only a 4 popper Every time I race at the drag strip I hear, Does that have a v6?! Its because people refuse to believe that small motors can put out high numbers. Yes there are limitations to how much you can put out put picture this 2k lb car with 300hp = 3500lb car with 600hp. The only difference is the 300hp is more fuel effecient and will be more fun to drive around.

Sorry my rant is over about stupid stuff....
Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 AM

^ well ranted.

Id honestly like to see exactly what your saying, but more importantly id like to see the new low to average price car drive better strait out of the factory. Ive got my Tib, a 97Neon, and a 97 eclipse, all 3 are fun cars to drive and all would be considered lower end. Now ive driven the new version of the above listed cars and a bunch of others (a couple of my good friends work at the dealerships localy), and i like my older ones better.

So if the Demon can fit that bill in a standard configuration at under 20k, then im seriously stoked.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 AM

Vehicle: car

As to the above rant, just wanted to point a couple things out. The GTO is a 6.0, and it is powerful as hell no matter what you say. Dollar ffor dollar, a GTO would beat a tibs ass. I don't want to hear about prices to buy the car, im saying dollar for dollar mod wise. There is a reason honda doesn't make muscle cars and GM does. It's called selection homy. If Honda made a muscle car it would be laughable, just the same as the import croud laughed at the SRT-4 Neons, dodges attempt at making a sport compact car. Old timers mostly like muscle cars, they were from their era and they are what they no. I can't tell you how many times my uncles bash me with "There's no replacement for displacement". But if the effective four banger thing was so true, then why is Audi and BMW and Mercedes using v6, v8, v10's? They make more power AND they have design. But a lot of them are also all wheel drive luxury cars. they do use the 1.8T's a lot in Audi, but if you've ever heard a S class or an RS class fly by you with a good exhaust, like a Borla, then you'll know why they use bigger engines. The sound and performance is phenominal with the big engine Audis. If you want a car that meets your standards, do a motor swap, and turbo it, and stroke it, and put all the best parts in, and then call Hyundai saying that you would like to offer them a trim package for the new Tibbys called the "Jim Package", you know, like the rousch or shelby lines. Don't bash American car companys by being so ignorant dude, Everyone knows what they are doing if they are designing cars, they got their jobs as designers for a reason...
Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 AM

I like the Demon concept, I think the Mopar grills look great and if I could choose between that car at 17k and a Tib at 15k, I'd hit the Demon.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 AM

I dont think many people were laughing at the SRT-4 once it started putting down numbers and had some aftermarket support. The only real problem with the SRT is Mopar has some bolt ons that make serious power, but its wrong wheel drive and the early ones didnt even have an LSD

If pricing remains the way it was, a SRT-4 trim will proboably come in aroun the same as the SRT trim of the neon, which I beleive was just over 20k not bad for a right wheel drive 300 horse 2600 pound car. That would give some serious contention to a lot of more expensive cars

I just hope Dodge gets the handling and the gearbox right, which is where the Solsitce/Sky has failed so miserably, it definitely looks bad ass