Automotive News & Other Vehicle Discussions A forum for discussions pertaining to other vehicles other than Hyundai's, Press Releases, new model lauches and general Automotive news.

Nissan Altima 2.5s

Old 05-08-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I am back from a 10 day vacation in the US. I went for one of my best friends wedding (he lives in Key Biscayne; Miami) and as other friends were going also, we decided to hit Orlando and visit some of the parks there that we didn't visited since we were kids (non of us has kids yet). Well we enjoyed a lot.
However, I rented a Full Size Car online from Thrifty expectig to get a Dodge Charger, because I was curious about the car, it looks nice but I wanted to drive it, when I got there they wanted to give me a Taurus, at what I refused and they gave me this Altima 2.5 S with less than 5k miles on the odo.
The car behaved reasonably altohough I didn't like too much, the 4 cil was torquey but really noisy when it passed 3500rpm, and it was really suffering at less than 5000rpm. The CVT also hat to do with the driving experience; it was well manered and easy to drive on traffic, taking most advantage of engines low torque, but it felt like driving a boat, you know the feeling right? You accelerate, the engine climbs in revs but the actual movement takes a little longer to occur..
Well, this Altima had dual exhausts, and I have seen that a few others had duals also, and the majority does not... is it a matter of year model? Or is it an option you choose? I am just curious about it...
Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

The newest generation of Altima has dual outlet exhaust on all models. The previous generation only had it on the models with the 3.5 V6.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:38 PM

yeah it depends on the trim level, I believe. I want an S-ER so badly.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Ive never driven the qb25 powered Altis. Its cool the newer ones are coming with dual exhausts, I've seen them on the 3.5s, but not the 2.5s. A friend of mine had a SpecV with the qb25, that was a fun little car, i rather like the engine.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Yeah well, the thing is it seems to be a good engine, but it felt like it was detuned powerwise to get more torque, which would make sense if you consider it's mayted to a CVT auto tranny and that it has to move a medium and kinda heavy (compared to a Sentra or Elantra) car.
Definitely a V6 Altima should be a better manered car.