Atelier HP
Sponsor:   Atelier HP
If you can think about it, they can make it for your Hyundai!
http://www.atelierhp.com/ = French (Canada)
http://www.atelierhp.com = English

Push Clutch Conversion

Old 03-29-2008, 01:45 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

looks like i forgot about this tread

clutch conversion stuff is 160$can
you will then need a push style clutch wich can be get in various style and flavour ;-)
Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Any chance of getting a full detailed parts list with part numbers?

And perhaps some clutch's that we can use?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:15 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Any chance of getting a full detailed parts list with part numbers?</div>

Honnestly, I don't see why Denis would do such a thing. He took the time to figure out the problem, worked with a local dealer to identify al the part numbers and tested if they all work well togeter to have the conversion kit. Why, in a business prespective, would he just post all of is work for free here? Denis does that as a job, at the shop he works for and at the end of the day is work needs to pay off. It's simple maths.

It's the same with they're big brake kit, besides the costum adapter plate they manufactured themselfs, the rest of the parts are available to all, but the R&D he did to assemble the kit need to be paid for, otherwise the shop you have bankrup ages ago.

For most people, about 95% of tib owners, the oem "pull style" system upgraded with an ACT 4 pucks disk and pressure plate will hold 350 lbs of torque easily. For the other 5%, 160$ for a complet kit to convert to push style isn't exagerated in my opinion. Coming from Atelier Hp and Denis, you can be certain it's fits #1 and nothing's going to be missing out of the box to install it. wink1.gif
Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 AM

for act number that are direct bolt on in push style

MB3-XTSS street disck clutch kit will hold about 325lbs/ft of torque
MB3-XTG4 4 puck cluthc kit, will hold about 425 lbs/ft of torque

you could use a DSM turbo clutch kit also but you wil lneed to modify the flywheel (different bolt patern) and make stand offs
might also be worth it

MB1-HDSS street disck kit and HD pressure plate holds 325 lbs/ft
MB1-HDR4 4 puck kit wit hHD pressure plate hold about 425lbs/ft
MB1-XTG4 4 puck kit with Xtreme pressure plate hold about 525 lbs/ft of torque
Old 03-30-2008, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pascoile @ Mar 30 2008, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Honnestly, I don't see why Denis would do such a thing. He took the time to figure out the problem, worked with a local dealer to identify al the part numbers and tested if they all work well togeter to have the conversion kit. Why, in a business prespective, would he just post all of is work for free here? Denis does that as a job, at the shop he works for and at the end of the day is work needs to pay off. It's simple maths.</div>

What are you talking about? If this is a kit he's going to be selling, then yes, I wouldn't expect the information, but no where in this thread do I see anything stating that.

In fact, I just read it again, and still see nothing about it being a kit put together for sale.

He's put up a price for the parts in Canadian money, no links on where to buy it as a kit, and no info of it being a kit that he's selling.

The thread is in the normal forums, not the FOR SALE or VENDORS forums, so what are we supposed to expect the thread is? I figured, as did others by reading their replies, that it was an informational "I figured out how to do this, this is how" thread.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>It's the same with they're big brake kit, besides the costum adapter plate they manufactured themselfs, the rest of the parts are available to all, but the R&D he did to assemble the kit need to be paid for, otherwise the shop you have bankrup ages ago.</div>

And that has nothing to do with this clutch setup he's talking about. If I had more info on it, or knew other folks taht had it other than you, I might save up and get it. But I don't, so I'll probably be going with the OEM BBK swap until I do.

Also, if you re read the thread, nothing is said about the shop in here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>For most people, about 95% of tib owners, the oem "pull style" system upgraded with an ACT 4 pucks disk and pressure plate will hold 350 lbs of torque easily. For the other 5%, 160$ for a complet kit to convert to push style isn't exagerated in my opinion. Coming from Atelier Hp and Denis, you can be certain it's fits #1 and nothing's going to be missing out of the box to install it. wink1.gif</div>

I'd agree on both fronts, but knowing that it's a kit that's going to be for sale from a company would have been helpful from the start.

No need to jump to anyones defense, there's just some miscommunication here.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I see where the confusion is. I have been PMing Dennist so I had figured out that it was a kit for him to sell. I have no problem with that. Beats trying to figure it out since Ive been looking for the information for a year at least now and noone has delivered.

BTW, Redz, didnt you warn or temp ban DTN when he made what you have in your sig? LOL
Old 03-30-2008, 02:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'd agree on both fronts, but knowing that it's a kit that's going to be for sale from a company would have been helpful from the start.</div>

You make a good point, Denis asn't clearly stated that the kit is going to be sold by Atelier Hp and is not just an info topic. I guess have been working with him for so long now that in my mind it's an understatement, when Denis figures out something new on our cars it isn't usualy for free, unfortunatly... tongue.gif

Miscommunication.... this century's new pleg lol.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Nice, please get this setup ready 6 months ago so I can install it instead of my new act pull clutch, thanks! nana.gif

I'll be looking at this when this clutch bites the dust...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 2006/hyundai/tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denisst99 @ Mar 1 2008, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>after some searching i came across someone able to get me the required parts to do do the push style conversion
this let you use a push clutch from mitsubishi
either turbo or no turbo (turbo clutch will need some work on the flywheel but the non turbo will bolt right up
act has a non turbo model that can hold about 475lbs/ft of torque

i already got a complete kit,shouldn't take more then a few days to get other
parts required
lever,
fork,
retainer,
bearing,
2 bushings

this makes it a bolt on job,nothing to grind,nothing to modify,nothing to swear at
i should be getting fixed pricing in the beginning of the week</div>

Hi Denisst99,

Was recommended by the old timers from NT.com to look for you with regards to the push clutch conversion for my 06' Tiburon 2.0L 5spd Manual. Currently I am making around 606bhp and 799Nm torque on my boosted Tib. The Valeo extreme clutch no longer able to hold the torque. Can you help me to convert mine to a push style clutch so I can match in maybe some evo clutches that can hold 600ft/lb torque? I have 2 sets of worn out Valeo extreme clutch and lighten flywheels to modify if required.

Thanks,
Jsar aka James
Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 PM

606 bhp and 799 Nm
those are engine or wheel specs?
in both case that's lot of power, mind to tell mea bout your set up a bit?

so far the "best" bolt on single disc clutch with the conversion kit is good for 425 ft/lbs
and i'm working on making a 595 ft/lbs single disc clutch work on our car with the conversion kit

are you in a hurry? i need to put back my car togther before i have time to find out what i need to do to make it work in a simple way for end users,shouldn't be that long...