Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Atelier HP (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/atelier-hp-95/)
-   -   Push Clutch Conversion (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/atelier-hp-95/push-clutch-conversion-47062/)

Denisst99 03-01-2008 03:18 PM

after some searching i came across someone able to get me the required parts to do do the push style conversion
this let you use a push clutch from mitsubishi
either turbo or no turbo (turbo clutch will need some work on the flywheel but the non turbo will bolt right up
act has a non turbo model that can hold about 475lbs/ft of torque

i already got a complete kit,shouldn't take more then a few days to get other
parts required
lever,
fork,
retainer,
bearing,
2 bushings

this makes it a bolt on job,nothing to grind,nothing to modify,nothing to swear at
i should be getting fixed pricing in the beginning of the week

Ericy321 03-01-2008 03:23 PM

PLease, please, PLEASE list all parts and a simple DIY writeup. I dont need pictures I can figure it out. Thank you.

tdonnell 03-01-2008 03:25 PM

Sweet!

I guess I will see how my CM stage IV holds up and decide if I have to do this!

Thanks.

Denisst99 03-01-2008 03:32 PM

parts are all listed allready ;-)

FYI i don't have any part numbers,but did came across a dealer in my area wih enough patience and experience to try to find everything i needed

for the how too
it's actually VERY simple

remove the trans,
remove the stock clutch,
remove the stock clutch fork,lever,retainer,bearing and bushings
move the clutch cylinder to the other hole (the one that isn't used)
install the new retainer
install the new fork and pivot bushings
install new clutch bearing
install new lever

install push style non turbo clutch of your choice on your actual flywheel
reinstall transmission
bleed hydraulic system

bam you're done

tanc 03-01-2008 05:11 PM

K denis, I hate you. After I already tore apart the tranny, bought new flywheel/act clutch, reassembled, now your making me tear it apart again.... mad.gif

Maybe I'll wait till this one blows up lmao.gif

99mini 03-02-2008 05:56 AM

denis, this is great news. my new engine is going to be assembled and installed next week, but i'll ask them to wait so they can do the clutch conversion too. is there a clutch that you'd suggest for the conversion (300 whp/torque max). many thanks hail.gif

REDZMAN 03-02-2008 09:49 AM

Looking forward to a thurough DIY on this with part numbers and some suggestions on clutches/flywheels. I'd love to find something I can get in the US, instead of dealing with these Korean companies that never ship.

Denisst99 03-02-2008 11:31 PM

i'm getting those from a local dealer, so no problem getting them

Bullfrog 03-03-2008 07:20 AM

What year Mitsubishi are you working off of? I also assume its an eclipse? I know they probably have interchangeable parts between cars as well but for the sake of looking stuff up online.
Thanks!

optimoprime 03-03-2008 07:43 AM

when i broke a PP bolt in my flywheel i went to dealer and they gave me evo8 PP bolts. so i know its all really similar