Atelier HP
Sponsor:   Atelier HP
If you can think about it, they can make it for your Hyundai!
http://www.atelierhp.com/ = French (Canada)
http://www.atelierhp.com = English

Alternator Relocation

Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

i wasn't quite sure where to put that, if a mod feels it doesn't belong here, please feel free to move it

i'm putting together a relocation kit for the alternator,not sure on pricing yet

so this treaad is only to check interest ,no point of making something if it's not needed

this will move the alternator to the back of the engine where the AC is (sorry guys, no pain no gain you loose the AC)
this kit will be like the other stuff we make, wich means,great quality,great fitting, ease of installation and tech support if needed
the kit will include...
* the main alternator bracket
* the smaller adjuster bracket (the one with the slide)
* required fasteners
*correct belt (i'll need to know if you have an underdrive pulley)
* i could included wiring if most people want it

this pic should give you an idea,this isn't the new kit,itwas made years ago

Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Besides getting rid of your power robbing A/C is there a benefit to moving the alternator?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I don't get it... I'd love to move the alternator to the rear and the A/C to the front. because of less risk of getting the alternator wet I don't get the point of this mod though. It would be cool if you could add a serpantine belt mod kit so that all the belts could be combined into 1. which would be possible by changing the alternator pully and adding spacers to the others.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:30 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tib001 @ Nov 18 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Besides getting rid of your power robbing A/C is there a benefit to moving the alternator?</div>

Its very simple fools. LOL

if i could do that i could run a 3~4 inch elbow out of the turbo instead of a 68mm to 75mm to 100mm

i want one...

how much money do we need to get this off the ground..

100% in
Old 11-18-2008, 05:55 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

There is one on the Dragon Fab Tiburon, I'll take some pictures before the car gets picked up.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I live in the desert, gotta have my AC. Actually, this is the first car I've regularly used my AC in, I'm getting old, comfort rules. LOL

I highly recommend anyone going for big power get this done, it'll save you a lot of location headaches in the future.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^

To those who say "why do this?": Fat turbos and their required accessories interfere with what? And what can be removed from the side of the engine and still keep your car running?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I would be interested as well. BUT, Im getting old as well I guess! I want to retain my ac. any way to relocate it higher, closer to the powersteering? That way all accessories could be retained.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This is really a turbo only mod for space. I am just finishing with my brackets to move mine back there or I would be interested. Really opens up a ton of room up front though.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:00 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

a few of you hitted the nail on the head,
it's mainly a turbo mod to get more space and less heat on a "sensible" electrical component

i'm almost done with my first new version of it, but i just don't like how the belt sits on the crank pulley, not enough belt contact for my tastes, i'll try moving the alternator a bit and see if it improves belt contact,if not i'll have to get a few tricks up my sleeves,
anyway, i should have the first one done for the week end and get actual pics of it

for those who wanted to move it but keep it up front, you won't get enough clearance gains to justify the cost of moving it
and those wanting to keep the AC i'd say there's only 5% of chances that it could be done,space is very mininal between the AC compressor and intake manifold