Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

WTB: Valve cover

Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default WTB: Valve cover

Hey guys, long time no see. I'll try to write more at a later time as to where I've been, but for now I'm in need of a valve cover. Mine failed and got oil all over the timing belt, and the mechanic can't find a used one anywhere nearby and can only get a new one for $300. So if any of you are parting out, or have an extra laying around (I have a 2001 Beta I engine), I'd love to take it off your hands. Hoping to not pay more than about $75 shipped, and need to have this ideally by end of the week or beginning of next week at the latest. Paypal is ready.
I do reserve the right to cancel this if the mechanic ends up finding one locally, as I can't really step on his toes on that. Hope you understand.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I've got quite a few extras lying around the garage and on the spare car. I can remove one this weekend, possibly Friday and ship no later than Monday(Labor Day)/Tuesday. $75 shipped sounds good for basic ground, if you want expedited shipment it may be $10-$25 more?

Just the valve cover, no gasket or spark plug cover?

pganpath at gee mail dot com is the paypal and the e-mail. I'll check back on here for updates, or if I see a payment I'll just get one packaged up and shipped! =)
Old 09-02-2010, 05:13 AM

Awesome. Let me call my mechanic and let him know what's up. I'll let you know tonight (or send payment tonight).

I just realized, (been forever since I've messed with this stuff) doesn't the Beta II valve cover fit also? Any chance you have one of them laying around?

I'd probably go for the spark plug cover as well, just so it matches (mine's painted), but I believe he'd put in a new gasket.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 AM

BetaII valve cover fits. I might have one (and SP cover to match), but would rather keep (or sell for more?).

If I have an extra gasket I'll include, but I think I only have the one (and will be needing it soon). I'll throw in SP cover if I got it too (pretty sure I have plenty).

I have WAY too many hyundai/beta engine parts scattered about the garage these days..
Old 09-02-2010, 10:24 AM

Just called the mechanic - "None to be had anywhere in the US that I can find", so we're definitely on. I'll send you payment tonight once I get home. Regular shipping is fine.
How much (shipped) would you want for the Beta II, just out of curiousity? Otherwise the valve cover and SP cover would be awesome, and whatever you deem appropriate with regards to the gasket.
Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:39 PM

Money just sent. Let me know if you run into any problems, or when you ship it out.
Thanks!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 AM

Any word on if/when you got it shipped?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Received the valve cover yesterday and took it to the mechanic today. However he started looking over it and found a huge crack on the right side. There was about a 3in long crack that was big enough to shine light through on the edge of piece that sticks out on the right side. That won't ever work...

I looked on car-part.com and found some, including a Beta II cover, for well under $50 plus shipping.

So if you want to try to send out another (if you had one), otherwise give a refund, I'd really appreciate it. Either way, let me know as soon as possible so I know what to do.

I'll email this to you also just to make sure you see it.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 AM

Sorry I didn't see your previous message, shipped last week and UPS tracking number was sent to your e-mail.

Cracked!? Take a picture, and send to my e-mail. That valve cover was practically brand new.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:26 AM

I did get your email and tracked it the whole way here laugh.gif

I thought it looked pretty new, but there was a crack... I'll take a picture once I get home, might even try to post it here. I seriously doubt it was due to shipping either, you had that thing really well packed - I was impressed.