Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

WTB/Trade: 1.6 Stock air box

Old 02-28-2011, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T
Default WTB/Trade: 1.6 Stock air box

I haven't driven my car since September last year because it failed SMOG due to not having the stock intake. Anyone who may still have it I would be willing to buy or trade for it. I will also shave some $ off my intercooler kit for anyone willing to buy it if they also trade the Intake as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 PM

Anybody install and intake onto their 03-05 Accent? That black box and hoses set is all I'm looking for. I'll pay for it, not looking for a freebie.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

idk if there the same but i got a 99 tiburon stock air box?
Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have a stock 2001 Tiburon air box laying around if you think that might fit. I had a car fail the visual inspection at one shop, so I just took it to a different one and they tested it with no issue. The visual is based off the tech doing the smog so I would go find another smog shop that does pass or don't pay or free re-test on fail. I take my cars to places where I can be in the smog shop with the tech so I can talk to him as he is doing the smog. I think that kind of distraction helps too.

I passed smog checks before with cold air kits on multiple cars that even had off road cone air filters on them recently in California without problems. Or find one with a CARB sticker so you can tell them it's a smog worthy add-on.

I have also gotten them to pass my car with my PCV catch can installed on the car. The tech was looking at it and so I described to him what it does and he said that as long as there isn't a vacuum leak then I was ok.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent GL, 86 BMW 325es

I think I still have mine laying around downstairs, I'll have to check, for the '02 though.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Hey thanks guys. Sorry been MIA for a bit and havnt had a chance to check. I'm going to be sell the car most likely so the more stock I can make it the better. Eclipes yes please check. Feel free to email me if anyone finds their stock airbox.