Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Power Window Cord Assembly - Small Piece That Allows You To Lock The Door From Inside

Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol possibly too long of a title but anyway my cord broke on my passenger door but supposedly the motor is fine (says the previous owner) so all i need is either a cord or i have heard when replacing the cord its best and easier to just get the whole assembly.

I also cannot lock my door from the inside because small stupid small plastic piece broke.

I need both of these things among countless help actually working on my car.
If anyone lives in the central wisconsin or surrounding area im willing to pay someone to do various things to my car including fixes these issues. thanks guys

-Ryan
Old 04-07-2008, 01:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

What cord?

You mean the metal cable? You can't replace it, it's one assembly. Do some searching for the "window regulator", which comes with a new motor anyways. Costs about $100.

As for the other broken piece, put up a pic, or maybe a decent description.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:45 PM

I can't seem to find any that come with a motor also but I did find this one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Tiburon-...sspagenameZWD1V
and from i recall 97-01 parts will work on my 98 correct?

as for that little plastic piece, im not exactly sure how to look for it since i have no idea what its called and i dont have the broken one because it was broke before i bought the car sad.gif
all it does is allow the inside locking switch to lock the door (i have manual locks ) right now the only way to unlock or lock the passenger door is from the outside with the key
Old 04-07-2008, 02:10 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

On the RD Tiburons the power window motor is separate from the regulator. The part should fit any year from 97-01. I personally would just buy a new window regulator though. A used one might break two months down the road anyway and then you're not saving anything. New ones are not that expensive and can be found from a few different vendors on Ebay.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

ive got one in my parts tib. crispy got the drivers side and said it works great. just let me know, via PM, what you need if you want it used. you could get both at once wink1.gif.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (rlahiff @ Apr 7 2008, 01:45 PM)
I can't seem to find any that come with a motor also but I did find this one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-Tiburon-...sspagenameZWD1V
and from i recall 97-01 parts will work on my 98 correct?

as for that little plastic piece, im not exactly sure how to look for it since i have no idea what its called and i dont have the broken one because it was broke before i bought the car sad.gif
all it does is allow the inside locking switch to lock the door (i have manual locks ) right now the only way to unlock or lock the passenger door is from the outside with the key

See the black thing on the picture in that auction?

THAT"S THE MOTOR.

Yes, it'll fit.

Get a picture of the broken part. Duh.