Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Map Sensor

Old 11-29-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody selling a map sensor mass air flow sensor for rd2's? because my car is acting up funny and needs a new one or better one
thanks for any feedback thanks!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Your car is MAF, not MAP.

Why not tell us what's wrong? MAF's rarely go bad.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

im with redz on this one... did you get a CEL code in regards to it? it could be something else
Old 11-29-2007, 10:45 PM

sorry for not responding quite a while, like i said im a deaf person so i typed in what i hear my bf saying to me, and it sounded like he said 'map' sorry lol, well whats wrong is similar to what dtn posted, its similar to stuttering:

we all know its cold outside nowadays, so on a cold start it reves up to 2000 rpms until we gives it a little gas, then it'll slowly go back down to 1000 rpm, the only thing we changed in here was installing the cold air intake, its an option racing brand colored green. fetish says that he has installed cold air intakes plenty of times and it never happened like this before. from what we read in dtn's stuttering thread, he thinks it may be a tps dead spot, but not entirely sure. one night we started the car, drove about a mile, dropped someone off, he lets go of the brake, let it move idle, and next thing you know, the car died, we concluded that we probably didnt let the motor warm up enough and with the new cold air intake, there's more cold air going into the motor, ergo makin it take a bit longer to warm up.

well like i said, we're new to tibs and any feedback would be great!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:19 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Show me a picture of this intake. Does it have a spot for the IAT? I'm guessing it does not, and that could be a problem..Your computer is getting bad air temperature readings, until everything warms up and the temperatures are within a closer tolerance of each other, so it doesn't matter as much anymore.

It kind of sounds like my problem which I got from messing with my intake so much, I have removed the MAF so many times that somewhere along the line the wiring (which is old, I have a 97) got a bit deteriorated and started corroding and had some bare spots. It would cause random idle bogs, revs, sometimes the car would die. Intermittent throttle issues basically. Check the wiring leading up to the MAF sensor.

Hmm, also, what kind of TPS do you have? DaeSung or Kefico? This COULD be a TPS issue. BTW, I had the same wiring issue with the TPS, which was probably caused from removing my BBTB/IM over and over. I resoldered it all though, and it all is good to go now. Check TPS wiring.

Lastly, I suppose it could be a vacuum leak. A lot of times a vacuum leak will not be noticable once the air in the engine compartment has warmed up, because there's not "as much" of a leak. Cold air = more dense than warm air. Check ALL your hoses and couplers for cracks, breaks, make sure they're all connected, tightened, etc.

Your boyfriend probably did say MAP...a lot of cars are MAP....but ours are MAF.

Do you have any CELs?

That stuff should keep you busy...let us know what you find
Old 11-30-2007, 11:16 PM

in reponse to zoned019: yes, we do have CEL, which i'll take it means "check engine light" and we do know that the light bulb in there is good, not too long ago, we didnt know about the gas cork, that it needs to click three times, and the cel came on, but we got it to go off, just wondering why you asking?
and in accordance to my second post here, my bad i meant maf, no i dont have map, i was just typing what i hear my bf explaining to me, because im deaf, it sounded like he said map lol so oops my bad lmao.gif

well lemme explain a bit more about myself here while im at it, im still a newbie to cars, im still learning more about cars such as the motors, the transmissions, the wheels, the computers in them, you know, the works under the hood, personally i never got into cars until i turned 19, right now im 20, and now i'm serious about learning the life revolving around automobiles ~ i'm just mentioning this so you'll understand that i need patience around here lol lmao.gif

so anyways, i'll get the pic of the new intake as soon as its light outside and my camera is not acting shitty for once. as for the TPS kind, my bf says its the bosch brand.

ok zoned019, since you mentioned alot in your reply i'll save it onto my computer and we'll have a look at it tmw!! thanks for all the hints wink.gif
Old 11-30-2007, 11:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Now we are getting somewhere.

This happened after you installed a CAI?

Your MAF is probably pointing backwards or your IAT isn't in right.

Go check that and come back.