Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

WTB: Front end parts

Old 02-22-2005, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Front end parts

Hey Everyone

I just recently messed up the front end of my car smashing into those pillars filled with sand. I haven't been able to get a quote on what parts I might need but I have sort of an idea. I am either looking for a stock white hood or a carbon fiber for fitment on a 01 tib. Also if anyone has a front bumper laying around from when they removed it from putting on a body kit. My right headlight assembly and clear corner is smashed to hell so I am going to be looking for those too. But my left side is ok so if I can get just one side that would be good. My radiator has also been pushed back and I might need a new one of those if anyone has one. Also if anyone might have a blue 30" neon tube that would be great. That should be it for now but I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks for all the help in advance

Jason Seltenright
Old 02-22-2005, 02:37 AM

if you had an rd1 i would have been able to hook you up..

i have a headlight, bumper, and hood...

Ill check with my local junkyard and see what they have..

i know they have a pretty good bumper..

hood i doubt.. headlight? maybe..
Old 03-01-2005, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tiburon/2000 tiburon

I have front bumper in silver make offer...Chris
Old 03-01-2005, 10:31 PM

I was actually hoping for someone with a white bumper around the so cal area. It's not totally messed up so I can just paint it unless I find something better.

Here is the update on what I need:

-Radiator
-Left and right fender
-Carbon fiber hood
-Right headlight

I am also converting my entire blue neon setup to white. So if anyone has whiter right now and wants to convert to blue or knows of where I can get white neons let me know.

I will keep everyone updated

Thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

talk with JAWS and Blacktibs... maybe we can get you to do a RD2 -> RD1 front end conversion popcorn.gif
As Random Said:
QUOTE (Random)
Hey, it's easy to make the Rd2 look good.

Replace the headlights, hood, radiator cross brace, and front bumper with parts from a Gen1.
Replace the tail lamps, rear hatch, rear quarterpannels, and rear bumper from a gen1.
Replace the dash, gauges, and control knobs with units from a Gen1.

Then the "RD2" finally looks good.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:03 PM

I have a white 2001 stock hood and stock from bumper

but im in central florida....
Old 03-02-2005, 12:27 PM

Clean2k1: That would work out except for the whole shipping part. If you were in CA I would be all over that. Anyways I am sure I want to get a carbon fiber hood now. And my front bumper should work out once I put a litle bondo on it and re-paint it. My as well make some progress out of this accident. I am getting a Vis carbon fiber up from LA for $350. Let me know if anyone can find me a better deal or a website that might have them.

Majiktib: Has anyone tried doing the conversion to 99 in the front. That might be a good idea if you guys could get me the parts.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 04:41 PM

i got a bumper, right side headlight, and hood (wrx hood) for a 99

All bright silver
Old 03-02-2005, 05:49 PM

Do you guys know where I can get those z3 or shark gill fenders from? They have them online for the 03 tibs but I don't know where to get them for the 01. My left fender is a little bent so I am just going to replace it so my hood fits right.

Jaws: I think I am just going to stick with the 01 front. My dad already ordered the radiator support from hyundai and I should be able to salvage my bumper. If you could check your junkyards in la for a radiator, right headlight or fenders that would be great. Maybe if you could find an 01 front bumper in white that would be easier than repainting mine.

Thanks

Jason Seltenright

Update:

I was able to find a good front end from a junk yard where I live. The car was in good condition and I was able to get both fenders, hood, front bumper, radiator, ac condenser, both headlights, corners and foglights for $1100.

I am still going to be getting a carbon fiber hood because I want my car to look different after the crash rather than going directly back to stock. So if anyone has a carbon fiber hood or knows off a good deal let me know. Also since I won't be using the stock hood that I bought so it will be up for sale.

Since I have purchased all my parts now it would probably be ok to lock this if you want Redz. Just let some people comment on it for a little before you do so. I want to hear what everyone has to say about my situation.

Thanks for all your help