Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wtb: Complete Turbo Kit!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id rather read up .. ... iim not new to the car world or in fact new to the tiburon im going to meet up with my buddy jt and ill meet up with yamaha to get ideas ... also i have a friend thats building his own turbo set up for his dsm and he has some brand new stuff he could sell me 440cc injectors, 40 mm wastegate, fmu ect. and i can get those parts off him fairly cheap.. so im doing my reasearch!!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:51 AM

thats the best way to do it^^ get a list of ALL your parts, find as many as you can, and if you have troubles finding other parts or want suggesions ask members to find the EXACT part for you. so id get that stuff from your buddy cheap, then ask people to help fill in the blanks. POST HERE FIRST parts that you need because someone is always selling
Old 05-18-2006, 03:40 PM

Yea man. Thats what I did. I just bought all of my own parts and made my own kit. I got just what I wanted and spent very little money for what I got. The custom parts were made by a former member. I know you posted in my thread allready over in the for sale forum and Im not trying to convince you that everything that I have is what you want, but for a good over all daily driver set-up, its what youd want right now. Now 2 members on here are making kits or us that will probably be the best bet in the long run, however nobodys really sure when it will start selling. So if you need anything from me let me know. Also if you have any other questions that arent related to my sale thread, just give me a PM and Ill try to share some of my knowledge.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

SO much hate for the Alpine kit... ANYONE ACTUALLY HAVE IT?

My dyno place can tune the Unichip... It's a big name out there just like Perfect Power, or APEX'i.

The intake piping... I see no strange U, sorry

The manifold flows nicely enough for me, oh wait, you mean you want to use the SS autochrome manifold? ok.

Also, the kit is FLAWLESS i installed it in around 10 hours and READY to drive nothing else needed, no CELS. NO OTHER KIT offers that.

owned.gif
Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

/\ Custom does lol, for cheaper

Also your not stuck with a small ass turbo thats out of its efficiency range at 200 whp

Custom ownz all...
Old 06-01-2006, 01:42 PM

ummm wrong.... kit gives out around 190 whp at 6 pouns of boost, and efficiency is 12 psi, which is PLENTY for 240whp

also, it is cheaper than custom, BOLT ON PRE TUNED for 2330$
Old 06-01-2006, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Several people here have had the Alpine kits.

They suck ass.

Bad.

Yes, I've seen them and been around them in person. Quality is just shit. Parts are cheaply made.

No thanks.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:14 PM

well we are clearly talking about different things then.

The kits for the beta1 might be crap, so, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Though the one i have is very nicely built, i dont care what anyone thinks, haha!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Guys, unless you've seen one OTHER than Randoms or any of the OLDER ones, then chill out. Alpine is constantly upgrading their kits. They're doing a lot better now. And the Unichip IS a world widely known ECU. Just because Hyundai tuners don't use it, doesn't mean that it isn't one of the best around.

As for the manifold.......it's DURABLE!!! Something you can't say for all the other manifolds out there. It will outlast them all. That's why its made the way it is. It's very hard to make a manifold, much less a stainless tubular, that doesn't crack or warp over time. It's not the prettiest, but it's functional and won't cause downtime. So get over it.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've seen several.

Hobgoblin here had one, it sucked ass. Yeah, the manifold is durable, but looks like shit and I know his left this flaked off metal stuff everywhere. Half of the fittings and screws would come loose. It just sucked.

As for the Beta 2 ones, unless you are talking about the NEW one that they just put back out, I don't see it being much better.

Someone prove me wrong, please, I'd love to be able to give the noobs a good option for reliable HP.

But look at this site and see all of the former Alpine owners.