Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wanted: Rd1/rd2 Tibby

Old 06-23-2007, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I touched on the subject in my introduction (because I figured it would get more views than a wanted ad), but this is my situation. I owned, and loved, a 2k1 black tibby. It was fairly stock. I had an AEM CAI, Custom pedals, Sparco Shiftnob, Ark shortshifter, matrix boots, Sparco wheel, and was just getting ready to get Sparco seats. 90% of it didn't even get to go on the tibby yet, and I had much more mods to come. Well, recently (sadly), on last.... Wednesday...Some just-turned-13 kid ran a stop sign and Nailed the side of my car (I was going 45-50 and he was going ~30). Long story short... Allstate totaled it, to my dismay. I don't have the money offhand to buy oem parts or "quality" junkyard parts to replace it all. There's a bit of damage on it, after all.

So, now I want to stick with a Tibby. I'm looking at the whole thing as like... the reincarnation of my old Tibby. That said, I want another rd2 PREFERABLY. I will take an rd1. Right now, I'm working with Wallace and they have 2 gks pending for me. A 2k3 and a 2k5. The 2k3 is a horrible year for the shark but only has 3700 miles with a sixer. The 2k5 has 31k miles, with a 5-speed, and factory warranty. The 2k3 will run me 10k-13k and the 2k5 will run me 11k-14k. I haven't decided yet, because I really want a rd2 tibby =[.

(In the following I will refer to only an RD2, because it's what I REALLY want)
I'm looking 1 of 2 things.
First: A stock 2000-2002 (or as close to stock as can be), with under 70kmiles (Mine had 62k, so it shouldn't be hard to do). I'll pay up to 5.7k for a stock Tibby with said miles. That's what Allstate will value it at (and what mine was valued at originally), so that's around what I want to pay.
Second: I'll also take an modded tibby that's a 2000-2002. millage doesn't really matter, but I don't really want to go over 75k on the stock motor. If the car is heavily modded, for example, and the engine was rebuilt, with turbo, etc, etc, I'm not expecting too high of miles and wont except it (unless it's from an RDtib member who's proven they do quality mods). For a modded/show tibby I'll pay an upwards of 11k for.

I'm getting a fair amount back from Allstate, so if you have a stock Tibby you want to sell for 5k or under, I could most likely buy it cash immediately.
For a modded that'll cost around 10k-11k, I'll need to finance the the remainder through my credit union and can include what ever delivery costs I need (such as my plane ticket for example). So, if you want to sell a modded tibby, you'll get cash too. You'll just have to be a little more patient and wait an extra business day or 2 for me to get a personal/auto loan.

Now, I do live in Florida and I don't care what it takes to get another Tibby. I'll fly there and drive the car back, if need be. However, since I am fairly strapped for cash due to medical bills from the accident (and the kids auto insurance which JUST got a hold of me), I may need to take the difference of the asking price for the plane ticket (if I absolutely MUST). However, if you're patient enough, it doesn't matter.

Thanks for looking!
RK

P.S. So you know, the maximum I am willing to pay is approx 11k (5.7k for a completely stock 01 with 7k miles). Of course each car will have a different level of work done, and the price will be adjusted to meet said car. I don't need people asking for me to buy a 97 rd1 with 100k miles, stock motor, for 11k lol. Again, thanks for looking!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:53 PM

:bump.gif:

No one wants to sell me their tibby?

I'm sad.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

There's a really nice one that was on ebay awhile back, the guy selling it lives here in NM. It's got some work done to it already, and he's looking for about 5 to 6K.

40K miles on it.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:03 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

just look at www.autotrader.com im sure youll find one there
Old 06-28-2007, 06:42 PM

QUOTE (demon_fox @ Jun 28 2007, 06:03 PM)
just look at www.autotrader.com im sure youll find one there

I've been looking for the past 2 weeks, unfortunately. There's nothing on there but GKs. I might crack and get a civic with a vtec that was swapped into it, and some other mods. He's selling it for 5k, so I might get it if I can't find a Tibby any time soon. I could buy the civic just with my insurance payoff, but I really want another rd2 tibby.

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Jun 28 2007, 06:01 PM)
There's a really nice one that was on ebay awhile back, the guy selling it lives here in NM. It's got some work done to it already, and he's looking for about 5 to 6K.

40K miles on it.

I'd rather buy one locally. So, I'd stay away from ebay. I'll buy from another state, but only if it's another RDT member.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:38 PM

Okay. Well Time is running out. If anyone wants to sell their car, they need to do it quick. (Sadly,)this weekend I'm scheduled to be putting a down payment on a 2k5 GK GT (That's the sad part). I'll aways miss my 2k1 RD2, but right now it looks like I'll be having a GK for a while (until I find a Tibby to do some work on).

So, hurry and sell me a car (rofl)!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:41 PM

yet another bump.gif

Someone bought my 2k5 gt that i was settling for. Now I'm out a car again. So, make some offers people!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:24 PM

QUOTE (TheZodiac @ Jul 8 2007, 08:41 PM)
yet another bump.gif

Someone bought my 2k5 gt that i was settling for. Now I'm out a car again. So, make some offers people!

whats up.. i've got my '01 tib for sale, to make it short:

-silver with cuda kit
-molded rear and sideskirts
-all shaved mods include: handles w/50lb autoloc poppers, spoiler, hatch keyhole, rear wiper blade and fluid sprayer, all cuda kit logos shaved, and rear Hyundai/"crooked H" emblem.
-17" silver rims
-custom CAI (nice looking, bought from an old member who used to sell them)
-interior dash painted with same paint as exterior
-custom exhaust with "dual" exhaust (single pipe that goes into a single in/dual out muffler)
-cuda foglights installed (rare to find now)
-Automatic transmission with only 26K .. yes that is 26K on the engine and tranny

Email me at fanatic311@aol.com if you wanna see some pics and talk..

I would like to think I have a good rep on this site.. you can ask Redzman. Majiktib, or Socks and they can back me up.. unless they wanna be asses and play lol
Old 07-12-2007, 12:33 AM

check this topic if you still interested
98 tib for sale