Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Wanted: Computer Parts / Network Hardware

Old 03-13-2007, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I am finally getting ready to take all of my certifications. My goal is to have my MCSA within the year, we'll see how it goes. lol Anyways, if you have any old networking hardware or older computer parts (No CRT's) that you do not want I would like them. I would rather not pay anything for them other than shipping. I know alot of people throw away there old components after an upgrade, consider this helping out a freind. I will be using this hardware to piece together a couple more computers to use as Nodes on a practice network in my home. wink1.gif Remember I will pay shipping.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've got a bunch of old junk laying around. Shipping does include the price that UPS charges to box it up right?

I've got modems, network cards, a questionable motherboard, a wireless bridge, PCMCIA network adapter, some CATV cables, and a bunch of other stuff i don't really care to inventory.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 AM

Well, I do want stuff so I can piece together working systems so I would prefer that it be working. I do not need any modems. The networking items you have though sound good.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:09 AM
DTN

Normally I wouldn't be up for sending that wireless bridge, but I just upgraded to 2 WRT54Gs running custom software. One functions as a wireless bridge, the other as a IP Forewarder. I've got a range of about 1KM from my home now, depending on where I set the bottom 2 WRT54Gs.

That DOES include packaging price right?
Old 03-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Yes, I will pay for packaging. As long as it is not outrageous. I am trying to get by on the cheap here, my wife will kill me if I start buying parts. lol

Nice setup, what software are you running on your 54G's?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
DTN

Sweet. I've been looking for a use for these parts. Usually people keep comming to me asking for computer parts and giving me other computer parts, but lately it's been sitting around since wireless became popular and the average user knows more about computers. PM me your address and I'll send them as soon as I get around to it. I'll PM you back with a picture of the UPS receipt if you'd like. I've got extra packaging material as well, so It won't be that much, just the cost of a box or something. If you'd like i have 90M of CAT-V-E, i could send you 30M of it if you have crimp tools. It dosn't have any RJs and I'm not planning on buying any soon.

I'm running DD-WRT V23 SP2 Micro on all 3 WRT54Gs. It allows you to configure them any way you want, Client, Client bridge, Access Point, or ADHOC. It also allows you to setup QOS and a bunch of other things. The biggest advantage though, it allows you to up the transmit power from 23mW to 251mW. You get a huge range boost from that. Through 2 steel reenforced walls at 20M away I'm running 90% signal strength. I'd recommend it to anyone with the WRT54G. Not only that, but 2 WRT54Gs are cheaper then a wireless range extender and more flexable as well.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:40 PM

That would be cool if you could send me some cable too. I have crimpers and 45's so I am good to go. I have a WRT54G so I am going to look into that software. I am PMing you my address in a minute.

Anyone else have anything taking up room?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:53 AM
DTN

ok, here's the list of stuff i'll send:

2 10/100 network cards

30 M network cable (no ends)

1 linksys network cable from a router

1 10/100 PCMCIA card

1 D-Link wireless bridge.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:44 AM

That looks great, thanks for the help. Let me know how much I owe you for shipping.