Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

New Body Needed

Old 12-03-2007, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's up all??? I recently bought a 2000 tiburon off of one of my buddies... he rolled it... i need quite a few body parts and interior parts... i'm basically looking for new front fenders, both power mirrors, fogs, passenger door, front windshield, center console, seats, corner lights, MAYBE a front bumper and rear bumper (don't know yet) and MAYBE headlights... i will have to look a lil closer for the smaller parts... if anyone has a body, lives in or near wisconsin, it would be more ideal for me... looking forward to hearing from u... peace out

Old 12-03-2007, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Hey man. Im in Milwaukee. Not sure if you would be interested but I have a veilside copy body kit that I am looking to get rid of. Needs a little bit of fiberglass work but it is all fitted and fits well. It hasnt been painted at all yet and I would let it go real cheap if you wanted to come get it. Glad to see another member from WI. PM me if you would like
Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i've got a driver's side fender in black-... i live in FL though. pm me if you are interested!
Old 12-03-2007, 05:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Having to redo the roof could be crazy hard. I'll take a lot more than a good coat of wax to get the frame back in line... You sure you want to take on such a project?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:25 PM

That is alot of work good luck man, that roof is going to be the hard part I did a roll over before and my roof wasnt that bad make sure you get it straight but dont warp the metal
Old 12-04-2007, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 1997, hyundai, tiburon

well i have a whole car.. runs but would be perfect for you is you need that many parts. if you go in the F.s section you can check it out. will take less that 500 if you dont want any engine parts. only thing the body needs is a frunt bumper. im about a 25 hour drive from you but its up to you.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I need a new body, too. I'm gettin' a little pudgy with all this holiday eating.

I'm gonna join the gym at work.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:58 PM

^^ haha, i just started my high protein low carb diet two weeks ago. no soda, chips, cake, brownies, burgers, fries, fast food... etc. drink 3 Whey shakes a day, egg whites in the mornin, eat a lil sumthing every two hours, tons of water. i also run about 1.5/2 miles 3 times a week. losing weight is only temporary, keeping it of requires a complete lifestyle change.

all in the name of weight reduction....

back on topic.

that looks like WAAAAY to much work. hope you have alot of cash, or you are VERY handy with bodywork. i just started myself.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Banned

Hope your really good with body work and have somewhere to get the frame and unibody straightened up. That is going to be a HUGE project.. probably more than the car itself is worth unless your doing it all by yourself. If you have a shop try to fix that damage, I would imagine it would be in the 2000-3000$ range not including new body parts (fenders, doors)

And im sure after the roll over it has a salvage title so resale in future would be worse than poop.

That roof is going to be a huge headache, and with the rear fenders your best bet would be finding a tib in good condition, cutting out a section and welding it in. it would be way to hard to use FG/bondo and match all those lines well.

Good luck man. Way bigger project than I would ever get myself into.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:15 AM

Hmmmmmm??????????? Well as far as the roof goes it looks worse in the pictures than in real life... i was thinking more along the lines of cutting the roof out and putting in some new metal seeing how it is a sunroof and doesn't have as much body reinforcement there... i have a body guy that lives right down the road from me... he does alot of work for the ice racers and other friends... he is a perfectionist and will do it up for dirt... maybe a couple nights at the bar (bought and paid for) smile.gif ... the title is free and clear... NO INSURANCE... otherwise i agree it would be worthless but for parts... all else fails it will be the new studded ice racer and i'll put my money into the camaro project or the time for a new bike project... anyone interested??? 87' Suzuki Katana GSX600F mint condition... just under 20,000 miles... $2000