Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Needin A 97 Hood

Old 02-12-2006, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

Few years back my hood blew off pretty much right after I bought it, wasn't used to the hood pins and it bolted on in four places. I had the two back locked but the two front weren't, I hit the highway and started seeing it floppin. Before I could slow down enough, next thing I knew it looked like batman jumped off the front of my car. When I eventually found it the hood was splintered everywhere and where the upper two bolts were had two chunks of fiberglass missing. Definite learning experience and will never buy a hood that didn't function like a regular hood. Still use pins on the front but like the added functionability of a stock hood. Plus its a big pain in the arse when you have to pull the entire hood off to work on anything in the engine bay.

Anyway looking for a couple places to buy hoods, I just want to look at a few different models. I have one I'm eyeballing from flyryde but I sent them an email and still haven't got anything back.

Fiberglass or carbonfiber will do but more looking for carbonfiber since I have a few things sitting here that are carbonfiber already and don't have the cash to paint a hood yet.

Looking for hoods with vents, used to have the gorilla nostril hood that was selling way back but thats the one thats really jacked up. Wish I could send someone the old hood so they can make a mold and make me a carbonfiber one. If I can't find anyone to do that, I'll eventually learn how to make it myself once I get back into school.

Thanks for the look.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:52 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

lol, this is always a good place to get ahold of me. Figure 50 emails in a day, and I only miss 1, thats 98% efficient, place me around 80%, lol, I suck at getting back with everyone.

So you have a couple options, we have 1 hood ready, and 2 more on the way. We have a stock RD1 hood to be made in fiberglass, and we have a new hood, I think its the Z hood. Both will not be ready for at least a couple months. They're coming, but for now, only the Evo hood is available, and its still available in Carbon Fiber.

575 in CF for RD members, and 375 for FRP. Post back here, or hit me back at Chris@FlyRyde.com and I'll make sure to get back with you.

-Chris
Old 02-12-2006, 01:31 AM

Where Can I check out pics of these hoods?
I was eyeballin the one carbonfiber hood with the three vents on the flyryde site, believe it was the C-Wing hood (Carbon Double Sided Scoote Flared Hood Tiburon (96-99)
Old 02-12-2006, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

http://www.flyryde.com/carparts/Products/P...ail.asp?PId=296
Old 02-12-2006, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the link but I already have it book marked, I like that hood but sorta like the other Cwing one they have. Sure not a lot of people would have that one.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:31 PM

"BatMan" hahah ; I got a good laugh at that.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:15 PM

Yeah sometimes when stuff when wrong with the car, I wish I had a video camera. It looked crazy.