Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Lightbulb retention clip?

Old 03-03-2005, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightbulb retention clip?

I have checked several junkyards and places that have OEM parts yet no one seems to have this little clip im looking for. I have an 01 Tib and I don't really know the name of this part. If you remove the cap from the main headlight, it's the little pressure clip that sits behind the bulb in the housing to keep it situated in its place. Looks sort of like a bent out of shape paperclip being held in by 1 screw on it's right hand side. I would appreciate if someone knows where I can get one or if you would have one lying around. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

oh yah, those clips suck ass if you lose them. when you went to the junkyard did you just try to describe the clip to them or did you ask to see a tib and look for yourself? thats the only place i can think that you would be able to get it...
Old 03-03-2005, 02:41 PM

No I spent several hours in the import sections looking for the clips, I have yet to see a Tib in the junkyards around here. I always check the elantras or something that maybe similiar but have found nothing. One of the hyundai dealerships said I should just buy a new housing for $300, I didn't stay to long at that place needless to say.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

bend up a paperclip.

it works.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:19 PM

Yea thats what I figured just get a reinforced clip and shape it. Glad to know it works though.