Wanted Items wanted by individuals. Abuse of this forum will lead to loss of your posting privledges.

Car Accident...looking For New Tib

Old 10-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GS-R V6

Hey Everyone!

It is horrible to say but on Saturday Sept 30 I was in a BRUTAL car accident! An elderly lady drove out into busy highway 6 south without looking and there was nothing I could do. I tried to avoid her but i pretty much drove right through her hood and engine and then I was was sent into oncoming traffic where I went over a sign, into a ditch and into trees. Then all I could hear was people yelling that my car was on fire and to get out. I tried to open my drivers door but it was jammed closed from the accidient and the trees. Some people helped pull me through the passengers side and got me over to the road. Luckily an off duty fire man was driving by and had a fire extinguisher in his trunk.... Anyway, I was strapped down and taken away in an ambulance to the hospital where I was given tons of x rays and so on. I am happy to say that I am okay! I managed to only substain some bruised ribs, torn muscles, scratches and the wonderful seat belt imprint acrossed my chest. As bitter as I am towards the lady, I can also say that she is alright, infact better shape than I am. It is truly a miracle and everyone kept saying they don't know how we didn't get seriously injuried or killed.

As for my baby, The beautiful tib.....my baby is done
Thankfully, some awesome friends and LI members came out to the towing yard where my car was and stripped out my sound system and what we could get from the mods that wasn't destroyed. Unfortunetly, my rims didnt make it...

Honestly though this was a horribly terrifying experience..... I lost my car that meant everything to me and I am in a good amount of pain. But I guess the most important thing is that both drivers are alive and alright.... If this accident would have been delayed by like a second.... I woulda hit her directly and prolly killed us both....

And just so everyone knows, the lady has already been charged with fail to yield into oncoming traffic and I am 100% not at fault!!! So now I get to go through all the insurance stuff and get myself a new tib....which brings me to ask for everyone's help!!!!

I definitly want to buy another tiburon and i figured this would be a great place to start. I live in Guelph Ontario and I am willing to go some distance if the car is right. I would love to get another RD that's already modified (body kit, rims, etc) OR a GK! Is anyone selling their car or know of anyone?? It will be extremely babied lol as my car is everything to me....oh and for those who are curious...here are some pics from the accident!

and the car at fault that i drove through:

Old 10-03-2006, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Wow, that's a nasty crash! As you said, at least you and the other driver at fault are OK. I drive on Highway 6 at least once a week to visit my girlfriend, and I know that a lot of people do not obey the speed limit on that road and treat it like it is the 401. As for obtaining a new Tiburon, have you tried www.autotrader.ca? I occasionally see Tiburons at used car dealerships in Cambridge, so I will keep a look out for you! Best wishes towards your recovery!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

wow thats crazy man. what did you all have done to it? it was nice looking. good luck
Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

that is crazy, but on the upside u wanna sell your spoiler if it aint f***ed from the wreck? also do u have leather seats or console peices??
Old 10-03-2006, 02:42 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

DAMN, I thought I was a vulcher! anyway yeah if you're interested in parting it out, you'll find lots of people on here looking for stuff, make a post in the classifieds section.

glad you're ok! that looks NASTY man. good to see the airbags went off.

so, what's the deal on insurance? you beter be getting a fat check?

BTW, you're missing mirror is stuck in her car..lol
Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

/\ you mean vulture, lol/\

DAMN thats a nasty wreck, i thought your car was pretty beat up till i saw the other car, its front end is just gone. wow.

Glad your OK.

As far as staying with Rd or going with GK it depends on your intentions. IF you like sleek look with respectable out of the box power go with a stick GT-V6.

IF you want F/I power stay with an RD2. but i doubt your going that way.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i'm not a vulture i just see opportunity knockin cool.gif
Old 10-03-2006, 03:32 PM

That sucks bud, i didn't know that was your car i've seen around lots of times. best of luck i'll keep my eyes open for ya
Old 10-03-2006, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001/hyundai/tiburon

Thats sucks man, sorry for the lose! I wouldn't know what to do if that happened to my car.

Dont feel like a vulture, I was going to ask the same question. It's also the color I need.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:05 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

what an disaster!! and a way to introduce yourself. i'm glad to hear you are ok. at least nothing is broken beyond recouperation.

good luck in getting a new tiburon, and a goiod choice to buy the same car.