Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

stock 2000 tib (wanting turbo)

Old 12-19-2004, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Blue Dragon ***UPDATED w/ New Pics***

Ok, I have read about turbo for the last couple hours. I no nothing about cars so I didnt understand very much of it laugh.gif . So my question is, what all would i need to get if i get the either the basic or the extreme turbo??? I seen the stuff that comes with it, i just want to know if there is anything else i will need to get for my car for this to work right. My tib is pretty much stock and it is an automatic (if that makes a difference) so if you could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks a lot
Old 12-19-2004, 02:58 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: Custom Plexiglass Spare Tire-well cover

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...iewtopic&t=2291

:arrow: laugh.gif
Old 12-19-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Custom Plexiglass Spare Tire-well cover

yeah that is good and all but not exactly what i am looking for. I just want to know if i get one of those kits from speed-factor would i need to get anything else or would that be all i would need. that does have some good info though on that link. thanks
Old 12-19-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: stock 2000 tib (wanting turbo)

To be honest, the kits are really just for show.... Contact Tim (www.speed-factor.com or he will probley reply to this. But he individually makes the kits. I am getting one and it is "based" on the extreme kit. But it is a bit different. So, talk to Tim, and he can tell u what u need.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: FS: oem parts, aftermarket parts, rims and fenders.

Post up some more info on what you want. Like HP goals, a certain track time. Are you going for high boost, or low boost? Do you want to swap out the stock pistons and rods? How much $$$ are you willing to drop into project? Take a look at what you want and go from there.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: FS: oem parts, aftermarket parts, rims and fenders.

QUOTE (Phenomenal_Thunder)
My tib is pretty much stock and it is an automatic (if that makes a difference) so if you could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks a lot

Oh dude, you got the auto..they'er pretty much slower then the manuals. A turbo would probably be the way to go for you and it is a good idea to contact Speed Factor and do a search to find more ideas.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: 97 & 99 Tiburon part out

I know Tim has 17psi on his auto elentra wagon, is this tranny the same as my 2001 Tib auto? So this is tranny is good for 8psi, 10psi? Because there are cases where the auto trannys are going at 40k mi stock, or is that just a unusualy messed up transmission? Is this psi going to put me about 225hp or so at the wheels? Thanks
Old 12-19-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Engine Splutters.. need help

I just want some gain for now, i dont need 400hp or anything like that, I just want something that is at a reasonable price and something i can add to in the future. I would like to get something to where i have to change as little as possible with the internals. I dont even know if that is possible but that is what i would like. I have $3000 so i would like to spend under that. thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: The "I hate winter thread"

Isn't the intercooler make your turbo safer for higher boost? because of the extreamly hot air going in to the engine. Do you think 8psi is ok for the autos