Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor: Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Seoulfulracing.com Faq

Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

FAQ:

Company

Q1. Seoulfulracing?

A1. http://www.kdmstuff.com/webftp/au.gif

Seoulfulracing will hereby be referred to as SFR in this FAQ.

Q2. Who are the folks I need to know at SFR?

A2. In short, SFR is…

Founder/Owner/Korean Admin – Jay “KDMGuy” Kim – Located in Seoul, South Korea.
N. America Admin/Return Center – Jeremy “REDZMAN” Zimmerman – Located in a bunker in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA.
Shipping/Warehouse/Packing/Ordering staff is all in Korea, and you will most likely never hear from them on here.

Ordering

Q1. How do I order?

A1. The easiest ways to order from us are…

1. Buy from our website. Go to http://www.seoulfulracing.com/, and register if you aren’t already registered as a customer. Use the search feature or click on your vehicle make and model on the left, and find your item. When you’ve found your item and have the drop down selection boxes appropriately filled out for your order, review the Shipping and Return/Refund statement at the bottom, then click ADD TO CART. After adding all the items you want to the cart, click on the CHECKOUT link, and enter your payment information.

2. Buy from us on EBay. Go to http://stores.ebay.com/SEOULFULRACING and use the search function or the make/model section on the left to find your items, checkout with Paypal.

Your order number/Paypal transaction ID# is your confirmation that your order went through. Please keep all emails and numbers securely until you are completely satisfied with your order.

Shipping

PLEASE NOTE: Your items are all shipped from South Korea, unless otherwise noted.

Q2. How much is shipping and handling? Why is it already added into my order?

A2. The shipping and handling is added into the price on everything we sell. The reason being that shipping from Korea is pretty flat rate, this size box, this weight, down to this size box, and this weight, cost THIS. So to make things easier for you, we have it added in. The notes at the bottom of EVERY PAGE for EVERY ITEM we sell has the standard and optional shipping (if there is one), listed, with estimates for how long it should take to get to you.

Q3. How long does shipping take?

A3. It depends. We have 3 standard ways we ship items to customers, and these estimates are on EVERY PAGE for EVERY ITEM we sell. Please note what kind of shipping you are getting standard for your item. If it is NOT fast enough, please, contact us via the forums with your address so we can get you an estimate on EMS or faster shipping.

Q4. How do you ship?

A4. Some items are said to be 10 to 14 business days (Korean Post - No Tracking), some are 4 to 8 business days (EMS - Tracking), and sea freight (Big Boat - 2 months or longer). Korean Post and EMS (Express Mail Service) are both through Korea’s postal system. Once the item arrives in your country, it will be delivered by your countries postal system (USA = USPS, ect.).

99.5% of our customers get their items in the time allotted, which is labeled on the page you ordered from.

Shipping via FedEx, UPS, or DHL should be possible, but will be much more expensive and paid for by the customer.

Q5. What is customs? Can we work out a deal to avoid customs/taxes/import duties?

A5. As with ANY OTHER PURCHASE YOU EVER MAKE, items do occasionally get lost in the mail, but more often will get stuck in Customs when it gets to your country. This happens to approximately 25% of shipments made internationally and there is nothing that we, nor any other company, can do to stop this. Customs stops shipments for inspection randomly and also will inspect any shipments they feel are possibly dangerous or illegal. Out of this 25% of shipments, most make it through without any significant delay, HOWEVER, if our items are in line behind a large shipment that takes some time to go through, or there is a problem with a shipment being inspected before ours, they can EASILY be delayed for some time. Neither SFR or the customer that ordered are notified that items are in Customs, and most of the time, you will never know that your item went through inspection, unless the package has been opened.

We will not help you try to get out of your Customs/Taxes/Import Duties, that is illegal, and we prefer to stay in business. Please contact us for further information.

Q6. Where is my order? Why isn’t it here within the allotted time? Where is my tracking number?

A6. As with any items ever shipped internationally, you have to give extra time for arrival. The quoted shipping times are ESTIMATES based on 99% of our sales. If you did not upgrade your shipping, please do not ask for a tracking number, it is a waste of everyone’s time involved. If your item does not show up within a reasonable time after your standard estimate, we will work out a refund or reship of the item.

Unfortunately, once an item ships, it is out of our hands completely, and the rest of the shipping episode is up to the associated postal systems to get it to you. There is nothing we can do to expedite or change your shipment once it is out of our hands.

The moral of this story is to please be patient. There are limits to waiting, we know this, just contact us via our forums on any of the websites we are vendors at, and we will do our best to make you happy.

Customer Service

Q1. I’ve been sending emails to you for XXX months and am not getting any answers. Cheaters! Don’t buy from SFR, they don’t answer emails! Why don’t you answer emails or MSN?

A1. Honestly, we answer every email we get, with as much info as we can. The problem is, we do our business over the internet, and run into the same problems as you. We get spam email (About 300 to 700 a day per address), since our email is listed everywhere and also used for Paypal. Our incoming servers do have email limits, so we do miss emails. Often when we DO reply, our emails will go to your SPAM folder because they are talking about things like “Business, sales, shipment, order”, and such. We also get a LOT of spam to our MSN accounts, so knowing when there’s actually someone there, or if we are being hit again, is almost impossible.

Q2. If email/MSN isn’t reliable, how should I contact you?

A2. FORUMS! Forum contact is the absolute best when you are working with a company (the honest ones at least, DISHONEST companies will often just delete your threads on their own forums. If you don’t feel comfortable using our forums at SFR, post at our others at www.rdtiburon.com, www.newtiburon.com, www.crookedh.com, ect.). Why is this better? We are hiding nothing, and the attitude of both the seller and buyer are shown to the public all the time. We can have others give good ideas on how to fix problems, and users can often see a problem they are having, and how to fix it without wasting time to post.

Q3. I’ve done all of the above but I’m still not happy! Why won’t you make me happy?

A3. There is a limit to everything we can do. We can only afford to send so many replacement shipments to you, we can only afford so much time on a problem, and honestly, there are customers out there that just can NEVER be satisfied. The world has changed, and customers aren’t as honest as they used to be, so the old adage of “The Customer is Always Right” isn’t good business to follow anymore. Those of you out there know who you are. We will ALWAYS do all we can to make it right, but there is a limit to everything.

Special Orders/Group Buys.

Q1. Can I make a Special Order for an item (OEM/Aftermarket) not on your site?

A1. Yes. If the item is still currently available, and we can get our hands on one, and it’s legal to ship it, we will do everything we can to get you what you want. Be prepared though, as shipping of odd items can cost quite a bit. Part numbers for OEM parts will greatly cut down on the time it takes to get you a quote, and will always insure you get the part you want (assuming the part number is correct).

Q2. What is a group buy?

A2. A group buy is when we setup a sale of an item, with price breaks at certain amounts of sales. We can do this because if we go to a MFR of a part with the money to buy in bulk, we can get a discount and pass it on to you, and still make a profit. Group buy’s can be LONG processes sometimes, so if you aren’t patient, don’t get in on one.

Q3. Can I order a body kit or other huge body part/item that is not on your site?

A3. Not really. We are working on finding some better ways to import larger items, but until the Worldwide Korean Aftermarket steps up big enough to support sending over containers of parts, it’s just not economical for us, or for you. Trust us, do you want to pay $1200 for a body kit, just to pay $700 more for shipping?

Other

Q1. Who is this REDZMAN, and if he works with SFR, why can’t he help me more?

A1. REDZMAN is kind of a god, but in a not holy sense. Well, strike that, REDZMAN is a die hard Korean Automotive enthusiast, and has been working on Korean cars since 1995. He has owned a 1993 Hyundai Excel and 1997 Hyundai Tiburon, and currently owns a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, and a 2004 Kia Sorento (also a few VW’s and Domestics that I had before Korea). He is the N. American Admin for SFR and one of the Administrators for www.rdtiburon.com. With SFR getting so big, we needed someone to help get the pertinent information from a thread so Jay in Korea would need less time going through the forums every day, and more time working on finding bad ass parts for us to use. Since he is in the USA, and everyone else is in Korea, he has no access to the ordering system, the Paypal account associated with the site or eBay, or the regular SFR email system. Please realize he is here to help you, so help him to do so if you can. He also runs the return center for returned parts that are damaged, or miss-sent.

Q2. What do you have in stock?

A2. SFR keeps a small stock of the more popularly ordered items that we sell on the site. If you order an item, chances are we have it on hand. If not, chances are we can get it within a day or two, and you’ll never notice it wasn’t in stock. We tell you this so you realize that we do not make 99% of the parts we sell, and we are HONEST about that, something most other retailers in this business won’t. We have Korean distributors we get our product from, and then get it out to you ASAP. Just keep this in mind when shopping around.