Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Obd-ii Handheld Scantools - Standalone Version And Basic Code Readers

Old 09-18-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

*** On Sale!!! ***

OBD-II Code Reader and Eraser - Basic

- Basic, compact, stylish and lightweight: One button for read and another for clear
- Compatible with all OBD protocols (except the newer CAN-BUS)
- Comes with a manual which includes an error code list (For Hyundai vehicles, you can always use www.hmaservice.com for more details on the error code)

$38 Shipped in North America (+$6 for International)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** New Product!!! ***

OBD-II Handheld (Standalone) Scantools

This OBD-II Handheld (Standalone) Scantool is a powerful OBD-II diagnostic unit that works with all protocols including the newer CAN-BUS. This is a standalone handheld unit that offers live full feature data scanning in the palm of your hand without the use of a laptop or a PC thanks to it's large back-lit LCD display. It is very light, portable, easy to use and it even comes with it's very own nylon storage case. This unit directly and safely powers up through the vehicle's OBD-II port and a 9V battery is included for those off-vehicle functions.

You not only be able to read and clear CEL codes, but it will also show the description of the fault without looking at a code book or the your vehicle's service manual (there is an included CD-ROM with error code descriptions). It's live data scanning features; saving and reviewing the results of a scan, monitors in "real time" the data from the vehicle's sensors, pulls the freeze-frame data in the ECU and and it can also retrieve the vehicle's VIN (most vehicles)

This unit will monitor the following in real time:

- Misfires
- Fuel System (o2 Sensors)
- EGR System
- Oxygen Sensor
- Catalyst
- Evaporative System
- A/C System
- RPM
- Vehicle Speed
- Coolant Temp
- Fuel Trims
- Open Loop or Close Loop Mode Indication
- Timing
- IAT Temperature Reading
- and many more...

More Pictures:
(please click on the pic to enlarge)

The package includes:

- Handheld Scantool Unit
- 9V Battery
- OBD-II Cable
- CD-ROM (error code list)
- User Manual
- Storage Case

All OBD-II protocols including CAN-BUS:
$145 Shipped
in North America (+$8 for International)

**Note**
I have the powerful, full featured laptop/pc version of the OBD-II Scantools available as well. For more info, pics/screenshots and reviews please click on the link below:

OBD-II Scantools - Laptop/PC Version .. Great Prices, Service and Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment and Shipping Information

I can take Money Order, Western Union or Paypal (preferred!). My paypal address is jay_m05@yahoo.com

I ship through Canada Post Expedited Service (with confirmation) for North American shipments and it usually takes a week and a half or less (depending on your location) for your package to arrive. For International shipments, I use Canada Post Small Packet Airmail Service and it will usually takes a week and a half (depending on your location) for your package to arrive.

I have these units on hand (except if its otherwise noted) and I ship out right away after the payment clears

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warranty, Returns and Exchanges Policy:

- There is a 1 (one) year warranty against manufacturers defect on these units. I will replace your unit with another
- In a event where you would have decided to exchange for another unit or a better model (upgrade), It has to be within 30 days from the receipt of the package. The unit has to be clean, no damages or scratches, good working condition and with all of the cables, packaging and software disc are present. You will have to pay for shipping and handling both ways plus the price difference for the newer/better model. Sorry, hopefully you understand that these (shipping) are hard costs.
- If you are not satisfied or just having a hard time getting it to work with your car/laptop and finally giving up or any reasons at all, i can do refunds. Again, It has to be within 30 days from the receipt of the package and you will have to pay for the shipping and handling since this is a hard costs. The unit has to be clean, no damage or scratches, good working condition and with al ofl the cables, packaging and software disc are present

If you have any questions or concerns just let me know or read more about OBD here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Board_Diagnostics to fully understand these units

Thank you so much.. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns...

- Jay-M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictures/Screenshots of of this units in action:

OBD Code Reader/Clearer:

Easy to use, very simple procedure:

Once you see the CEL on...
- Plug in the code reader into the OBD port, hit READ
- The code reader will flash the code 3 times. Once you see the code, look it up in the manual booklet or webtech to identify it
- Diagnose/troubleshoot and fix the problem
- Hit the Clear button to erase the code

OBD-II Handheld (Standalone) Scantools:

Old 09-20-2007, 02:56 PM

Overall Reviews and Comments from my Customers:

Newtiburon.com Seller Feedback Thread:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=111784

please refer to the following threads for more:
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20072
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102930

Supercow:
"just to put in some experience with these, I bought the 2nd one off jay a while back and it works great! You can read all kinds of info and buying one of these units at autozone or someplace like that is alot more expensive and is capable of a lot less."

tibby01:
"good prices man.
i have the single protocol ISO scantool.net reader hooked up to my carpc and it works great."

Bboyitim:
"Good prices keep getting better! Thanks for the PM's. Very efficient."

Kantizuni
"Got my OBD interface in the mail today! w00t!
Gonna test it out on my laptop tonight/tomorrow. smile.gif"

2000CoupèFX
"I recieved mine today. Looking really good. I don't have a chance to test it right now , cause I'm really sick.
Thanks a lot man."

DrivingTibNaked
"Bump for customer satisfaction!
These code readers are invaluable tools and at a very good price.. You spend $150 for a USB model here, that does everything the $200-$500 hand-held model at Autozone does, but this one is on the computer. You can also have access to all kinds of information that the hand-held $2-500 models don't, like 1/4th mile times and dyno charts. You can also post your error codes/sensors data online by using screen shots.
Seriously people. Take advantage of this great deal Jay-M is giving us. This tool will not go out of date any time soon, it can be used on yours or your buddy's car or the guy who breaks down outside your house, they're small, lightweight, and come with a lifetime supply of burritos.

Disclaimer: Jay-M, DrivingTibNaked, and ELM units have nothing to do with a lifetime supply of burritos. You can purchase your lifetime supply of burritos at walmart with the money you saved from not going to tuner shops."

tanc:
"After getting everything sorted out, the obd programs and unit runs like a charm.
I'd recommend these to anyone who wants to read every sensor their car has. ;P"

Frozen:
"got the usb obd tool, works great!"

KeWLKaT
"I got it off Jay-M on RdTib. This thing is wonderful.
I got the multi-protocol version which means it should work with 99% of cars with OBD-II in them."

"112$ It's a steal!
It's even cheaper than most handheld models that only give you trouble codes"

KeWLKat’s thread and video clip:

http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php...c=14600&hl=
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21773

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBC6pC7OIew

Arcy
"Got mine a few weeks back, had a few interface problems, Jay was able to get me the right info to get that straightened out. Thing has helped a lot compared to running around trying to find a place to get a code read if you don't have an Autozone."

pr16vturbo
“I ordered the USB OBDII ISO Scanner Tool and it arrived in about 5 days. The included software is excellent and his customer support has no equal. I Highly recommend Jay-Mâ€Â

mikysee
“I bought the Single Protocol Scantool - RS232/Serial. I have a serial to usb cable and that connected directly to the scanner and works great. The software is good too. Shipping was fast and very good service.â€Â

Devine151
“bought one of these great service and shipping was fast! unfortunately i can not tell you how good they work because i traded in my tib 2 days before it came in the mail but GREAT service and support would buy from again and would recommend to anyone!â€Â

Nu7s
“My "OBD Code Reader and Eraser" and "Multi Protocol Scantool USB Unit" arrived yesterday.
I was completly suprised by these products.
For that price they have it all. They are made out of quality materials and very robust.
I strongly suggest anybody who hasn't bought one already to open paypal and send the money within the next 10min. the price is absolutly amazing for the quality of the products and the possibilities are endless... Top product for a amazing price!
100% customer satisfied! :3_winkthuâ€Â

brownnote
“got my obd-II multi-protocol serial unit and the software today! Can't wait to use this... thanks for the quick turn-around!â€Â

“Ordered a obd-II multi-protocol serial unit and received it and the software only a couple days later! He also kept me posted on the shipping info as well. The unit looks great and I can't wait to use it. Just want to say thanks and I would def. recommend people who need something like this to use Jay-M!â€Â

“hey jay,
just wanted to let you know how nice the obd2 cable and software is going. I am in the process of getting my closed loop fuel trims back in order (460cc injectors with the assassin). I went ahead and bought the keyspan usb-serial convertor that you mentioned due to the fact that I wanted to use my wideband, mafterburner and obd2 multiprotocol serial interface at the same time, and needed another convertor. It all works like a charm! Thanks again!â€Â

“Ordered the ISO protocol scantool and i must say, its a great product! Great seller who updated me almost daily and i also received it in a timely manner.
I recommend this to anyone looking around for a scannerâ€Â

h9alyman
“got my code reader, can't wait to set it up at the weekend.
I have to say, the service and communication from Jay is second to none. I would definitely do business with you again...great job. :3_winkthuâ€Â

nickfd
“As I mentioned above, I ordered the OBD-II Multi Procol USB Scantool after seeing that we will need to interface to the OBD port to find out ignition timing information when going the turbo route. The software that Jay includes with the connectors is awesome and will help me out immensely when I get the SMT-6 and begin the learning process to turbo tune.
I've already had some requests from people at work to read the codes on their cars after showing them all that the laptop + software can do.
Thanks so much, Jay, for shipping so fast, and having it arrive from Canada in perfect condition! Anytime anyone will ask about code readers, you will be the man I refer to!
And for anyone that sees my above post, my CEL was cause I didn't tighten my fuel door after filling up gas. :3_frusty:â€Â

chaosripper45
“hes a great guy buy his stuff!â€Â

HyundaiKitCoupe
"I haven't gotten around to using the ISO so far but I'll let you know how everything works out once I get my hands on a laptop. Jay-M sent me a disk with a few different programs that are all good for checking all of the car's stats. He also sent me all webtech pages for my car with the disk so all I have to do is just look anything up on the CD.
Thanks buddy, I'll call you, unfortunately my story is funny because all of my friends are using macs as well mad.gif
but yeah it's a great tool to have if you're just unsure what's wrong with your car and want to know everything say before a long trip. it's a must have if you're not buying new cars every 4 years."

... and many more....
Old 10-01-2007, 04:37 PM

I have the powerful, full featured laptop/pc version of the OBD-II Scantools available as well:

Single Protocol - RS232/Serial

ISO Protocol - USB

Multi Protocol - Serial

Multi Protocol - USB

For more info, pics/screenshots and reviews please click on the link below:

OBD-II Scantools - Laptop/PC Version .. Great Prices, Service and Support
Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 PM
MKE

I'm thinking about buying the "more powerful" version in the coming weeks, but if your interested in selling a lot of them, see if you can list them tnewcelica.org. we throw codes all the time.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:03 PM

^^^
MKE,

Thanks for your interest and the invite to the celica forum! I will have for info for you on PM on the scantools
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM

Bump for the new year and for a great deal!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

sending money for a OBD-II Code Reader and Eraser - Basic.

Great price!! Thanks!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i don't know how it made it so quick but I got home yesterday to find my Basic reader waiting in the mailbox. From Canada to FL in two working days is incredible...anyways thanks for a great deal and great all around service.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM

^^^
capn,

thanks so much for the support and the feedback... please let me know if you have nay questions or concerns
Old 09-20-2008, 08:00 PM

hey jay, do you still have the standalone ones available?