Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Kspec 4h Spacers

Old 08-04-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

^^ If you want to make the wheels stick farther toward the outside of the car, you need a SMALLER offset number.

The offset is the number of mm (in our case) that the hub of the wheel (the area that mates with the drum or rotor of the car) is away from the center line of the wheel. So, if there is 0 mm offset, the hub area of the wheel would be directly in the center of the wheel, and it would stick out like a mother. So + offset numbers put the hub of the wheel farther toward the outside of the wheel centerline, allowing the cylinder of the wheel to somwhat slide over our brake setups.

That might be a bad explanation, hope I didn't confuse you guys.

Anyway, run like a +32mm in the back and +42 or 40 in the front (that way there is minimal chance of rubbing on corners). By doing this, the rear wheels will stick out 10 mm farther than stock, with no need for spacers. fing02.gif

I personally had wheel spacers on my car for a bit with my monsterous 18's lol, and a lug stud ended up breaking off.

I no longer use them or condone the use of them, they are not safe at all IMHO.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:15 AM

Overtorqued wheels are more likely to break studs than the use of spacers wink1.gif
Old 08-05-2006, 03:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i'm running the shark racing wheel spacers. the spacers themselves are very nice, hub rings aswell, but the actual wheel studs they come with are CRAP! i broke so many of those stupid studs trying to put them on (may have different results if you get them pressed into the hub) but i also used the open ended lug nut method (where you tighten the lug all the way down till the stud is fully pulled in). anyways but i am highly gonna recomend/demand ARP wheel studs for this lil project. they're expensive but worth it! there is no actual part# for a tiburon but conviently enough the mitsubishi evo studs are almost exactly the same but way longer. the part# for those is 100-7717. you may want to look into an alignment afterwards because recently i've noticed a bit more wear on the inside edges of my tires.

as far as the spacers that bolt onto your hub and then your rim to the wheel, i wouldn't trust those one bit. with as many holes that are drilled into them they don't have alot of structural integrity. a guy i used to work with had one break on him and his whell coming off as a result.

learn from others mistakes, good luck though.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:20 PM

I have had 25mm H&R wheel spacers on my rear wheels for over 3 years now. They are really good quality spacers, they are made from a super strong magnesium alloy and are fully hubcentric. I thought before I replaced my rear tires this year that my rear bearings were wearing out prematurley due to the spacers. But I realized that the weird noise I had been hearing coming from the rear wheels was actually my Kumho 712s wearing unevenley (camber adjustment needed).

I run 17X7" rims with a +42 offset, tires are 215/40/17. Basically my rim/spacer combo makes my rear offset +17 LOL. There is alot of room to push out the wheels in the rear, I wouldn't recommend going with these spacers for the width of tire I am using though. I have had to basically grind all of the horizontal section of the fender lip down for clearance. I still get some scraping when going over larger bumps or carrying passengers. Oddly enough my Kuhmo 712s barely cleared but my new Nexen N3000 don't? Probably 20mm spacers would work best for my application.

I considered trying to find lower offset rims but there isn't a whole lot of selection out there with our bolt pattern. Realistically with no fender lip grinding/rolling a set of 20mm spacers with a 7" wide rim with approx +40 offset with 205/40/17 tires should work.

I always found that the rear wheels on RDs look like they are too far inside the fender well. Once I installed my Cuda kit it looked that much worse due to the widebody flaring that the kit has. That is my one biggest gripe of the Cuda kit design is the rear fender well area. Until I can afford to mold some rear fender flares into the body/body kit and purchase some staggered fitment rims, wheel spacers are a cosmetic MUST HAVE for me. smile.gif