Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Jspeed Crank Pulley Owners

Old 07-01-2005, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who have the JSpeed crank pulley via KSpec, what are you impressions of them?

After the headers arrive, I'll have more than enough cash at hand to purchase this.

A few questions that KSpec didnt answer.. is the pulley aluminum like other crank pulleys?

I heard first gear starts out a lot stronger, and that you'll mostly feel gains in 1st and 2nd gears for an automatic.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've got one and did a writeup about it about 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:39 AM

I've read so many threads and I keep getting more and more confused.

So can I expect gains with JUST the Jspeed crank pulley without the entire pulley set?

I know this has been discussed, but the JSpeed crank isn't an 'underdrive' pulley; however, it is lightweight compared to stock and it is the SAME diameter as the OEM crank pulley, correct?

Thus meaning I do not need to replace any belts whatsoever. Am I right? Or am I right?wink1.gif
Old 07-02-2005, 01:12 AM

I just installed my Jspeed underdrive pulley and I noticed a little gain from it. I could tell its there. I am happy with it smile.gif

By doing a search on the site you can find alot if info on the pulley. There is a size and weight difference (big weight difference).

Also you will need a new A/C and Alternator belt. 2" smaller from the stock should do it. I used a 33.2" on the Alternator and a 31.5" on the A/C.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:09 AM

QUOTE (2kShark @ Jul 2 2005, 12:39 AM)
So can I expect gains with JUST the Jspeed crank pulley without the entire pulley set?

Yup.

it is lightweight compared to stock and it is the SAME diameter as the OEM crank pulley, correct?

No. You need some smaller belts as he said above.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:28 PM

Ah, finally got that one figured out. Thanks.

The reason I was so confused is because while doing a search for the JSpeed pulleys another thread came up where you, yourself, stated that the JSpeed pulleys were the same diameter as the OEM ones.

I'm definitely interested in freeing up a few ponies here and there from it, and get much more responsive low end power! hail.gif

The JSpeed crank is made of aluminum, correct? Ack.. would anyone suggest a different crank pulley other than JSpeed's?
Old 07-03-2005, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the obx one is cheap.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:35 PM

Err.. OBX can't be much different than JSpeed in many circumstances; they're both lightweight, and they're both underdrive pulleys. For some odd reason motorists with the OBX crank say they cannot feel much of a difference compared to OEM, whereas some with another pulley are saying they feel their pulleys, well, PULL more than their CAI.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:37 PM

Uhm, can you show me the thread that I said it was OEM size?

BTW, OBX makes crappy parts, for lots of cars, Jspeed makes GOOD parts, for OUR cars alone. OBX's power pulley setup doesn't fit right on half the models they have it listed for.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:53 PM

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=4483&hl=

In three different posts in that thread, you proclaim that JSpeed is the same diameter as the OEM pulleys, thus not needing new belts, which was the reason you were going to stick with them because you didn't have to go along with smaller belts..

Mind you, this was in the archives, but I am showing you the thread which confused me.tongue.gif

OBX does make crappy parts, and sadly that's what it's reputation is. fing02.gif