Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Info on Gen1 "euro" lights.

Old 12-19-2002, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S
Default Info on Gen1 "euro" lights.

For all of you waiting for the lights and haven't read the news....enjoy:

Message from Korean Office:

For those of you who are still waiting for the tail lights, we are very sorry but we have some bad news, again... I'm afraid that we have decided to cancel the tail light pre-buy for the time being, at least until we have a concrete product in stock, we want to now just refund everyone. As we have informed everyone, the tail lights were finally completed, and we had been informed by the factory that the lights had shipped a few months ago. We had ordered two shipments, one for Korea and one for the US. Well, we finally received the shipment in Korea a few weeks ago. As we did not yet know the quality of the tail lights, we knew that we had to test the lights. After testing the lights, we found that more than half the lights that we tested leaked water, after testing the lights using a high-pressure car wash. To top it all off, the factory now claims that due to production problems, the US shipment never left port. This has led us to make the very difficult decision of outright cancelling the pre-buy for now, and to refund everyone's money. For those of you who would like to get another product of comparable value from our website, we can accomodate that. We have sent all the tail lights back to the factory, and are now in the process of trying to get our money back, again. We are still very commited to providing tail lights to our customers, and we will look into every possible avenue to get these made, and at such time that we have a good quality product in stock, we will begin selling those. We are currently looking at a US factory, which will definitely have better quality lights. However, if we get these made, we will only begin selling them when we get them in stock.

Also, as a way to show our appreciation for all of those of you who have been so patient, we are offering real 6000K HID Conversion Kits for an additional US$170 to those of you who have pre-ordered the tail lights. This offer is only valid for our customers who have not been refunded so far, and who would like to get an HID kit instead of getting a refund this time. The HID kits can be sent out right away. Our regular price for them is $530 dollars. For those who just want a cash refund, please email customerservice@sharkracing.com with your full name, and your current address. Or, if youd like, call the US office starting Monday, Dec. 23, and they can take down the information for you. For those who have not yet requested the refund, and who email us, we will refund 100% of your deposit, and an extra 15 dollars.

Another option for you would be to opt for our Z-Shark fenders, of which the prototype has finally arrived. If after testing, the fitment is good, we will offer the fenders as compensation for the tail light buyers for only an additional US$100, plus US$40 shipping.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome, a big step in the right direction. Sorry to hear about all the factory problems but hopefully something works out sooner or later. Congrats to Shark Racing for posting an update and wanting there customers to have the best product. Good Luck
Old 12-19-2002, 06:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow. I wonder who that came from?

Sam maybe?

Boogyman, you there?
Old 12-20-2002, 02:17 AM
Jon

Ok an answer at last not the one i was hoping for but o well at least we arnt getting sent dodgy crap. The question i have now is what is a HID conversion kit is it dual head lights i cant find it anywhere on the site any one know where there are any pics.

Yam?
Old 12-20-2002, 03:17 AM

REDZMAN:
Wow. I wonder who that came from?

Sam maybe?

Boogyman, you there?
Doesn't matter who it came from. It's an answer.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:53 AM

HID conversion kit is a true HID kit that replaces your factory bulb set up. It isnt just the bulb, its the whole enchilada. Its the same technology that is in BMW, Lexus, etc.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:46 AM
Jon

As there arnt any pics on the site do you know of anypics (the company that sr gets them from) or any installs that they might have done. reason bieng this a mod ive been thinking about for a while but i wasnt aware that it could be done in a ist gen.
Old 12-20-2002, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Random has them on his car:

http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...c;f=18;t=000671

Old 12-20-2002, 05:52 AM
Jon

I getya thanks for the link that cleared up quite a lot. Even though i was thinking of twins that is still tempting.

I just thought maybe they would exept the extra cash to get the big brake kit insted the offer they are doing says 170 extra for the HID kit at 530 well the big break kit is 535 so if i payed 175 plus any extra for shipping as i would imagine they area little heavier. Any idea if they come with pads or if you do performance ones for these as it just says all makes etc.(duh probably means you do)

Ill send an email tomorrow if you not sure.TIA

[ December 20, 2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Jon ]
Old 12-20-2002, 07:39 AM

Actually this might be a good op. for someone to invest some money in gen I euros before SR has them produced. Anyone have a large amount of cash flow?