Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

I Done Broke My Exhaust!

Old 10-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Hey guys, I'm sure you get this question all the time but I feel the need to ask it once again. How much would it be to get one of you custom exhaust sytems shipped to Canada?

I'm looking for 2.5 atleast as I am still running n/a, but plan on doing a bigger n/a setup sometime soon. What kind of piping do you use and is it possible to get mandrel bends? I'd also like to keep it at a decent sound level aswell not too loud, but some good sound is fine with me.

Any and all details very much appreciated!

Thank you for your time,
Holeshot
Old 10-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, 2uniq asked for months for an exhaust, we answered all of his questions, and I'm not sure if he ever bought or not. You can check his thread (in our section here), or look at the exhausts we sell for the I4 GK. Pricing would be the same, as would all of the quality/workmanship.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:16 AM

Hey Redz thanks for the reply. I was wondering you you guys could set me up with a system that will hook up with the system header?! My Nopi header is rotting and so I must replace it aswell. The description says some modifications are need to install, do you think we could come up with a bolt on for my rd?

Thanks for your time boss,

I just checked out the SFR catback exhaust set for the gk, and it's exactly what I would like. Under axel, mandrel bent, stainless, 2.5 and system muffler. Now can this be set up with the system header? Redz if you can find out please let me know, I am very willing to pay for the quality and perfection here lol.

Note does the system header come with a gasket? Nopi's didn't and I'd really like to get one to go with this one.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 AM

Sorry I didn't answer in more depth earlier, the past 10 days I was up at 4:45 AM to do the Balloon Fiesta thing, and I'm just getting time to catch up now.

The headers we sell will go back to hook up with your OEM cat (second cat), and the exhaust's will go from the tip to the back of the same cat, so you can either get a "Racing Cat", a high flow cat and get it installed there, or ask Jay for a cat to be included that'll bolt everything up from front to back. Basically anything you want, they can do for you, they are pretty much custom setups from front to back. As for modifications to install, that's probably referring to dropping out a cat, and o2 sensor bungs to match what you have.

I'd love to get the same system, just can't afford it right now. I'll see what Jay can do for you now.

Oh, and for gaskets, which one?

The header to head gasket, no, but you can buy an OEM one and use it, or reuse your OEM one. I did with my Maintec GT headers.

The gaskets for the 2 piece headers, yes.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the reply! As for the gasket, yes I was wondering about to the head (should have said that, my mistake).

Now the cat issue, I have a high flow Magnaflow on my current system bolted on after the header and that is the only cat I am running. I don't beleive I need 2 do I?

Install, so header will bolt right to the cat then the rest of the system from there, is that right? Sorry if thats what you were trying to get across, I too have been up for too long.

Sweet so the system can be made for $750 and header $400? Is that shipped, I realize it would be by ocean which is cool with me.

Thanks again for the info man,

Oh also how much difference is there between the CAI you are selling compared to the AEM version? I have the AEM, and was wondering if the SFR version had any better gains?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:48 AM

Yeah, all of our prices are shipped.

You can get by with only 1 cat, but your CEL may come on, no worries there, as there are fixes out there for it. You MAY need to get new flanges put on your cat though, depends on if you have 3 or 2 bolt flanges, and the system you order, if it has 3 or 2 bolt flanges. You have the idea now though.

It looks like your prices are right, but let's get Jay's confirmation on everything.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

I purchased a Catback 3 inch exhaust 2 months ago but didnt get a chance to install it.The quality is EXCELLENT and have no complaints smile.gif
I had it made for my 1997 Tiburon but requested NOT to have the Resenator installed and had a staright pipe done instead
Talk to Jay
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 AM

^^^^^^^^^^
1. Post up some pics and info on your purchase!

2. Why the hell isn't it installed?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM

Seconded!!! I'd love to see some pics of that.

Thanks for your help Redz, I'm looking for pricing at the moment, not at purchase time quite yet. I think I'm either going with this or a nice ARK setup. Hmmm I won't sleep for a month.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/New Tiburon

QUOTE (holeshot @ Oct 15 2007, 04:35 PM)
Thanks for the reply! As for the gasket, yes I was wondering about to the head (should have said that, my mistake).

Now the cat issue, I have a high flow Magnaflow on my current system bolted on after the header and that is the only cat I am running. I don't beleive I need 2 do I?

Install, so header will bolt right to the cat then the rest of the system from there, is that right? Sorry if thats what you were trying to get across, I too have been up for too long.

Sweet so the system can be made for $750 and header $400? Is that shipped, I realize it would be by ocean which is cool with me.

Thanks again for the info man,

Oh also how much difference is there between the CAI you are selling compared to the AEM version? I have the AEM, and was wondering if the SFR version had any better gains?

Hello
We have no idea what kind of cat you have .. Our 4-2-1 header-cat-catback exhaust will bolt right on but we are not sure aobut the size of cat you have there. If it doesn't fit I am pretty sure you can do minor modification to your cat at local muffler shop at low cost for sure.
If you want 2 O2 sensor bunge we can add another bunge at no cost for you as well.
Exhaust set will be shipped out by ocean unless you pay extra $ for air shipping but 4-2-1 header will be shipped out by air.
Well our CAI is exact same design as AEM and I am pretty sure all of CAI or Shortram intake will gain same power.. it's just that our CAI set is cheaper comparted to AEM.
Thanks
KDMguy