Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Help me decide turbo or not... T

Old 09-13-2004, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GB:Garrett T-25 Turbos

Hi Tim,
I wanted to ask a few things about turbos, some specifically regarding the T25 you are offering on the GB. I have a 1997 Coupe (not Revision A) Southamerican version; we have MAP (instead of MAF) and we don't have to comply with emissions tests... at least yet; cars here don't use Cats and we don't have O2 sensors either...

1) The Basics for a Turbo Kit with max. 7 psi boost would be...?
- Exhaust Manifold
- Turbo
- Down Pipe
- Piping

2) Can you stick to the stock injectors? (maybe just upgrading the fuel pump?)

3) If you just upgrade the fuel pump can you be safe without an ECU modification?

I am assuming as we don't have O2 sensors at all, that our ECU's are "blind" and don't try to reduce fuel when engine is running rich (how would it realize it's reach without an O2 sensor?) thus I woudn't need an FMU... (even if I did, the one prepared for the US market wont do any good for me).

Sorry for the long post, anybody is welcome to illustrate me... thanks!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:30 AM

Default Re: canadianshark's new ride

QUOTE (Speed-Factor)
and you do have a o2 sensor it is just down under the car back close to the firewall.

yeah, if you were to stand on the side of your car while the hood's up.... you'd want to look behind the block and down to the base of your firewall

your o2 should be there on the upper side of your flexpipe
Old 09-13-2004, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Where were you?

Thanks Tim.

If I would compare the T25 with that T3 super 60, what would be the main differences between them? Which one would spool faster and sooner at low-mid rpm band?
Old 09-13-2004, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Where were you?

QUOTE (Zman)
Thanks Tim.

If I would compare the T25 with that T3 super 60, what would be the main differences between them? Which one would spool faster and sooner at low-mid rpm band?

the t25 would spool faster but would be capable of less boost.

tim, is that fmu the same thing as a rising rate fuel pressure regulator?

if not how do they differ? laugh.gif
Old 09-20-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Tibby01's LED Stuff

QUOTE (The_Alpha_Male)
QUOTE (Speed-Factor)
and you do have a o2 sensor it is just down under the car back close to the firewall.

yeah, if you were to stand on the side of your car while the hood's up.... you'd want to look behind the block and down to the base of your firewall
your o2 should be there on the upper side of your flexpipe

Actually guys... and I write this for all of others which might have the same setup as I have (a very few, if any at all) I DON'T HAVE A O2 SENSOR.
I doubted when I read your posts even though I was pretty sure. But I checked not only by looking, but also with the dealerrship. Here what we have is a MAP based OPEN LOOP ECU. That means there is no need for the O2 sensor, because the ECU won't actually "see" what's going on after it injects the fuel. There is a fuel inyection device that operates just by turning a screw, it's located where you have your knocking sensor (on the left strut tower) on the US spec cars.
That's why I think it should be easier to instal a turbo on our spec Hyundais. I supose everything you need is the mechanical parts (Turbo and hardware, FPR, Fuel pump) as the ECU wont "see" and "correct" anything by7 itself. .... the other thing that would need to be done is to retard spark, is it always necesary to retard spark, or is it only necesary under severe boost?
Old 09-27-2004, 07:49 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: Body Kit

quick question not real familiar with FI yet but what is the difference in the two styles of manifolds i.e. Equal length vs. Log Style?
and the differences in your different wastegates?
Old 09-27-2004, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: SUPENSION BARS??

log style is where the ports come out and collect into a single pipe.

equal length is just that, all the pipes are equally lengthed. those are the manifolds that you see twist all around everywhere.

log style manifolds are very durable, and cheaper to make(less material and easier), but are a restriction at a certain point. equal length ones are pretty muh never a restriction.

view this page for pics....

http://www.speed-factor.com/store/index.ph...4d6a06eccee5f53