Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Genius Front Bumper

Old 04-24-2008, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Hey there!

I was just wondering if you could get the genius front bumper for the 98 tiburon?

I found it at evofusion.com but you have helped me out in the past with the CM clutch so I figured I would ask.

I have also wondered how much lower it is to the ground than the stock front bumper, mainly, does it look waaay too low compared to the stock side skirts.

If you look at it from the side is it lower than the sides of the car by much?

I need something to allow more flow to my front mount so...

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I dont have the genius, but I do have an erebuni shark style front bumbper I'm trying to get rid of. Its brand new, never installed. Already has the mesh inserts as well and will accept factory fog lights.

this is what it looks like:

PM me if your interested Tyler
Old 04-25-2008, 06:41 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

OR buy MY Genius front bumper and then get in on tibbytib's GB for King Side Skirts. That will even out the look without netting you ghey flares or twisties along the sides of your tibby (*cough *veilside.)!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ooo, I concur! We need a few more for our group buy, so listen to the Patreezy!!! fing02.gif
Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM

Maybe, I'm not much of a fan for the erebuni bumper anyway, hangs too low on the edges, but thanks for the offer Tommy!

I was trying to stay away from the side skirts, but if it will look totally ghey without them I guess it's my only option to increase airflow over my fmic without cutting the bottom or middle out of my stocker, lol.

How large is the hole on the front of the genius if you don't mind measuring? My intercooler core is 22x9.

PM me with price, color, and condition please Pat, maybe pics if you have them but don't waste your time if not.

Damn just looked at the skirts and they look very clean! I am definately interested!

Only question is how will it look with the high back bumper, and do the side skirts replace the factory's or stick onto them?

Thanks guys!

BTW: Sorry for the late reply, forgot about this thread, I was way busy this past week.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Lotus Elise

It'll cost about $1000 to special order a bumper. Right off the bat it costs $600 to ship a bodykit-sized carton from Korea.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Here is my quick solution to get more airflow to the FMIC for now with the stock bumper. Yes I had to cut about 33% of the bumper reinforcement in order to clear up space, but it remains strong enough to do it's job in case of a light bump. I cleared an extra 3" of surface area by doing this "modification" while keeping a decent look. You can't see it on the picture, but the reinforcement is flush with the center of the bumper in the middle.

I'm going to replace it with a custom bumper once my project is done, but for now it works fine!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^very mean and menacing
Old 05-08-2008, 02:38 PM

Damn pacoile, that looks REALLY good!

So you cut the bumper and the bumper support. Did you cut the support until it is flush underneath (like the middle section)?

What did you use to cut it? Hacksaw, sawsall, or cut off wheel?

Only problem is my car is silver so it will stand out much more don't you think?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:24 AM

QUOTE (tdonnell @ May 8 2008, 03:38 PM)
So you cut the bumper and the bumper support. Did you cut the support until it is flush underneath (like the middle section)?

Yup, that's exactly what I did, used a die-grinder with a cut-off wheel for the reinforcement and a jigsaw for the bumper so it wouldn't heat up to much and melt.

But before cutting, of course, I took some mesurements! wink1.gif I started by tapping on top of the bumper with masking tape and drawing a design with a pencil that would give me enough clearance for the FMIC. Once I was pleased with the result I copied the line with chalk directly on the paint. Then I took everything of the car and started cutting away.

I easily cleared an extra 3 inch by cutting the bumper reinforcement this way and like I said it remains very stiff, enough to take a small bump (someone backing up for exemple). I still have about 3 inch still behind the bottom lip, but the intercooler as enough air flow like it is for now.

Since then, I made myself a quick custom lip. I just couldn't stand to see the front higher then the sides and with all the track time I had last summer I didn't mind not having the Kore on the car, behing fiberglass and all. My small lip instead can take bump or humps no problems.

Here's a closer look with the car cleaned and 2 more on the track.

Right now I'm working on a 2nd oem bumper which I'll cut the same way, but had the Wings West lip as weel, should look nicer then my plastic lip and fit perfect with the sides. If I could just finish sanding the darn thing! lol

Only problem is my car is silver so it will stand out much more don't you think?

Probably will stand out more, but the cut is very clean! I made sure the bumper cover cut is a bit smaller then the bumper reinforcement, this way you don't see the reinforcement behind. Actualy, it almost looks stock! If you look quickly at the car, for someone who's not use to look at tibs, they can't see it right away.

Like I said, it's a temporary fix while I'm working on my 3rd bumper which will have as much area for the IC while looking better then the oem bumper and all euretane please, no fiberglass here. cool.gif